Body found at City Marina

http://www.live5news.com/story/26232582/police-body-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-at-city-marina

Missing since Dec 31, 2013 at the City Marina and body just found now at the City Marina? I don’t know what to make of that.

RIP

very strange… missing for 8 months, then found floating at the marina? that does not sound like an accident.

I was working on a boat four boats away and saw the whole thing from first person on the scene to when they removed him until when they left… Even managed my way to the police tent to check it all out once. He was not floating but caught/hung under a jet dock. Marina employee said they had moved the jet docks around two weeks ago and nothing was under them. Apparently the person fell into the water new years eve and they couldn’t find him. Probably got hypothermia and drown and ended up in the marsh or hung underwater somewhere. These high tides probably moved him. Either way, at least he has been recovered.

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

[/URL]

i find it hard to believe there was anything to recover if he had been in the Ashley river for 8 months.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post/how-long-do-dead-bodies-remain-inta-2009-06-10/?id=how-long-do-dead-bodies-remain-inta-2009-06-10

Me too. Couldn’t have been anything left but bones and bones don’t float.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Yeah, the 18 year old diver that died a few weeks ago was only at sea for a week and they found “remains” which I understand to have been mostly torso.

It looked like the amount that was left was about the size of a wet towel after you use it and throw it on the floor. The smell was horrible.

[/URL]

Thanks for the rest of the story, as horrifying as it may be.

Be safe out there on the water, people.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

Have there been any follow up stories in the news? I haven’t seen any.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

He was found right beside our work boat at the marina. We were called out a couple weeks back saying that they thought our boat was leaking oil/gas from the sheen on the water. I called Marina management and said it was something under the dock not from our boat. Kind a weird if you ask me.

Going to Church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

You are the offspring of 5 monkeys having But Secs with a retarded fish squirrel. CONGRADULATION!!!

8 months in the water and a horrible smell?? shouldn’t have been any smell and no meat on any bones.

I would have a hard time believing a body making it a month through spring or summer even if we didn’t have crabs. :question: I’d guess some odd circumstances behind this one.

Yea it smelled bad when i walked by just minutes after they took it away. It wasnt strong just a faint bad small.There was a huge crowd of cops,fire etc around it and when they brought it up the crowd dispersed and it looked like it was because it smelled bad. I think it was in the marsh and was washed out by the high tides.

[/URL]