Boiled peanuts

Who’s got them for sale that are good? I’ve tried 6 different places this summer and every one has disappointed. I’m looking for cooked or uncooked small green “Spanish” peanuts.

This shouldn’t be complicated, but it seems like every one I try is cooked in dirty water or they want to add the Cajun spices or they are sour. I just want regular clean green peanuts, salt only!

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I have ordered green peanuts from Hardy Farms in the past and have been happy. Nice clean peanuts. I prefer the Georgia sweet runners.

https://www.hardyfarmspeanuts.com/Shop-Now.html#!/Green-Peanuts/c/2717180/offset=0&sort=normal

It’s not a good year. I bought a box from Rawl in Columbia a month ago.

The best ones come from Cromer’s in Columbia.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I like the white ones that are around now. Just bought a bushel and a half.

Fill a pot with water,add salt, add hot sause, add green Pnuts, light fish cook and wait! Might even have cool one or two!

Probably won’t find any Spanish now 23Sailfish, they are in the spring and mostly come out of Florida. Local “whites” are in.

I have always loved Bennton’s Peanuts at Sniders crossroads (hwy21 and 63). 1/2 peck of cooked are $15 and a bushel of green are $52. Can’t remember all the other sizes and prices. Wendy Benton died and his son and wife have taken over. Still great Peanuts!

If you come up 63 out of Walterboro the Bentons peanuts are on the right side of the crossroad and Brelands store is on the left. Brelands is a pretty cool store to visit with some good grub. $4.99 for a chicken tender basket… mmmm

Clean, and only salt added. No dried peanuts soaked and boiled forever that taste like buttt. If you want to boil your own their green peanuts are super clean.

“Why Bruce?”

Doschers had some nice ones and at a good price.

Marsha
23 Sea Hunt

Doschers never has peanuts. None. Never. Don’t know what marshgrass is talking about.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Timbo’s Hwy 61 best you will find, heck he’s been around since the 80’s maybe 4 different spots within a 12sq mile area. He will let you try them before you buy them.

I don’t know much about them, but will say that Timbo is one hard working man. Comes down from Summerville 7 days a week and works that stand. If I ate them I would give that guy a try just because of that.

quote:
Originally posted by UT_VOLS13

I have ordered green peanuts from Hardy Farms in the past and have been happy. Nice clean peanuts. I prefer the Georgia sweet runners.

https://www.hardyfarmspeanuts.com/Shop-Now.html#!/Green-Peanuts/c/2717180/offset=0&sort=normal

Green Sweet Ga. Runner Peanuts . Are these the small purple peanuts?

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
Originally posted by UT_VOLS13

Green Sweet Ga. Runner Peanuts . Are these the small purple peanuts?

No, they have a red husk/skin on the peanut once the peanut is shelled.

IGA in Walterboro has peanuts in.

Double D.