bonaire

deciding where to go on vacation in october. the place i wanted in Roatan was booked up. looking into bonaire. looks like cheap island, get a free truck to drive to all the local dive spots, most packages include all the nitrox you can slurp down.

anyone have any recommendations on where to stay and which outfit to dive with?

would like to be on a beach, but close to one is good enough.

Contact Wateree Dive Shop in Columbia,SC…they go there frequently and know all the locals.

My folks have a Condo in Bonaire and I have been twice. Bari Reef is one of the best in the world. Easy Diving. A ton of wildlife. Fairly quiet island. Very relaxing. Night diving is great. I would go if you get the chance.

Narcosis

Baracuda,

Check out Coral Paradise Resort via Tripadvisor and you will find a link to their website. Full package includes truck, room, and dives. We do not dive, but love to snorkel. Bonaire has been on my bucket list a long time, but it appears getting there is a little daunting. If you go, please let me know about flights. Bonaire is off the beaten path so crowds are not an issue. Varied geography and it appears there is a lot to see, above and below the water. CPR gets rave reviews on Tripadvisor. If I ever go, I will stay there for sure, Mike.

quote:
Originally posted by baracuda

deciding where to go on vacation in october. the place i wanted in Roatan was booked up. looking into bonaire. looks like cheap island, get a free truck to drive to all the local dive spots, most packages include all the nitrox you can slurp down.

anyone have any recommendations on where to stay and which outfit to dive with?

would like to be on a beach, but close to one is good enough.

Bill,

Would mind sharing flight information to/from Bonaire and is the condo available for rent? Thanks, Mike.

quote:
Originally posted by Narcosis

My folks have a Condo in Bonaire and I have been twice. Bari Reef is one of the best in the world. Easy Diving. A ton of wildlife. Fairly quiet island. Very relaxing. Night diving is great. I would go if you get the chance.

Narcosis

quote:
Originally posted by redfish4sure

Baracuda,

Check out Coral Paradise Resort via Tripadvisor and you will find a link to their website. Full package includes truck, room, and dives. We do not dive, but love to snorkel. Bonaire has been on my bucket list a long time, but it appears getting there is a little daunting. If you go, please let me know about flights. Bonaire is off the beaten path so crowds are not an issue. Varied geography and it appears there is a lot to see, above and below the water. CPR gets rave reviews on Tripadvisor. If I ever go, I will stay there for sure, Mike. [quote]

i was between the coral paridise and the bellafonte. the lady likes a litte luxury so we are going with the bellafonte. got the toyota hilux for the week, as well as unlimited nitrox from VIP diving.

flights there could not be easier. i fly delta a bunch for work, so i have frequent flyer miles to burn. delta only flies to bonaire on saturday. going SAV-ATL-BON is super easy. 2 hour layover in ATL then 5 hours to bonaire. i love that there is no puddle junper to get on like some of the islands.

thanks for the info guys. we are going the last week of October. will try to remember to post some pics up here.