Bone-in Rib Roast

Otherwise known as E-Z carve rib roast, prime rib, etc. Comes up this time of the year every year, but BiLo has the best price I’ve seen at $5.88/lb. USDA Choice.

Anyone seen it cheaper?

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

If you buy choice, you get what you pay for.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

3.99/lb standing rib roast at the pig,I’m a po boy

Maybe I could tenderize it in my new sous vide.What you think hoppy?

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

If you buy choice, you get what you pay for.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Being an old meat cutter for Winn Dixie from WAY back in the day, it’s gotta be choice…

You can’t eat a piece of leather no matter how long you cook it…

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

quote:
Originally posted by sman

The “Economy Beef” at the Pig is usually “Produced In Mexico “ , I prefer Murican Beef!

That said I buy “Prime” (USA) steaks when they have them on sale at the Pig and they are always good.

Have bought some great tasting and tender Mexican prime at THE PIG in years past, but its hard to find a Pig now in the upstate!

Would you pair that Mexican beef with Chinese shrimp? Asking for a friend :wink:

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Think a lot of the Mex beef might be russled on the Texas side!

I picked one up…she’s rubbed and waiting on me to get home to finish the job.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
Originally posted by Beavertail
quote:
Originally posted by sman

The “Economy Beef” at the Pig is usually “Produced In Mexico “ , I prefer Murican Beef!

That said I buy “Prime” (USA) steaks when they have them on sale at the Pig and they are always good.

I had an hard time with the Mexican beef. Talked to some guys at the Orangeburg market about it. Basically the American beef will be tenderer because our beef comes from those in a very small feeding pen and given growth hormones up until a couple of weeks before slaughter. Mexican beef is mostly range fed and therefore gonna be a little tougher, but… much healthier for you and it still has to pass USDA inspection.

If you want something really special, the new Lowes in Oakbrook has 45 day dry aged ribeye for $25.00lb. Pretty neat store, but not cheap. Neat meat/seafood department.

All that said the IGA in Walterboro had whole T bone for $2.99 Had mine cut 1 1/4", turned out fantastic. Never seen the price that low for them.

If you want tough beef buy some from Argenta!