bonefish ?

Here ya go Mountain Guy:

http://www.deneki.com/2013/03/jeb-halls-spin-rig-for-bonefish/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UpdatesFromDenekiOutdoors+(Deneki+Outdoors+Fly+Fishing+Blog)

There is no normal life, there’s just life.

Tarpon 140

Knot the Reel World Fly Fishing LLC

Where are you going to fish in Belize? I have fished around San Pedro and might be able to give some insight.

oc

It pains me to say this, but your guide should be able to find your group a nice mud. That’ll keep you busy for a while with bones, jacks, sharks, cuda, maybe even a permit. Just don’t feed the sharks too many bones though.
Ugg, that hurt…

First off thansk for the help with the spinning gear ?'s I am going guided to chase tarpon (guided) day 1 and off-shore (guided) for white-marlin and sails day 2 So I may be able to score some kinda cut bait stuff for the 3rd day which is when we are going solo down the road to punta allen to fish DIY on the flats around the boca paila bridge. So thats where the spinning deal comes in for them. Thanks to all who helped with that, I obviously have only chased them on the fly.

Hey Oyster I would love to hear about San Pedro, following the wedding (yea getting married somewhere in this fishing trip!) my new wife and I will be headed to El Pescador for the honeymoon, I am fishing guided a few days and then on our own the rest of the time, the lodge as kayaks and a lagoon system that holds small bonefish like in Mexico but any advise on Sand pedro area would be awesome I have never been to Belize so this is gonna be a first! Thanks again

If it swims throw a fly at it!

If your in San Pedro stay at caye casa. Cheap place to stay with awesome reviews. Two doors down is Go Fish Belize. Get Abner for a guide. He knows the area very well.

I’ve stayed at El Pescador twice for week long trips. You’ll probably fish Savannah Flats for tarpon but fishing up in the park is also fun. Catching the small bonefish is as easy as catching bream here. It is one of the best places in the world to get a permit so I hope you get a chance at one of them. The guides are good but you need to bring your own equipment and especially bring your own collection of flies.

I plan on living forever, so far so good

Egret 167, Etec 130
Wood Driftboat

That’s cool, I have more bonefish/tarpon/permit flies than most shops! Been tyin steady for past 7 months adding tarpon stuff because that’s what i kinda wanna focus on. If I get a shot at a permit that will be cool but having caught 3 already on the fly I actually enjoy not having that affliction. And as far as the bones my last 2 trips were exclusive bonefish trips (abaco & exuma) so while I’d like to play a little with em, my goal is one of the migratory tarpon, followed by a bunch of juvenile ones. Plus it seems that I can score bones on my own around the lodge so I’d rather not waste bow time. Hey Fly-Vet do you trout fish? Reason I ask we just started a Veteran Fishing Program (VSP) in our local TU chapter and we have events and so forth. Always looking to reach out, I started a Project healing Waters Chapter long ago and now we are doing this, good stuff!

We agree, that was my point about the bonefish, there are better places for quality bones. I’m like you on the Permit also, once I added them to the bucket list I was back addicted to tarpon. Yes I trout fish, mostly NC and Montana. Where is your chapter and what is involved? I’ve helped with some PHW in Charlotte, mostly with the fly tying class. Seemed like I had conflicts every time they had an on-stream. I will help if I can.

I plan on living forever, so far so good

Egret 167, Etec 130
Wood Driftboat

Well our TU chapter is the Cataloochee chapter in Waynesville NC, we are about 2 years old and TU national rolled out a Veteran’s initiative a year or so ago and we took it and are running with it. We have a tying event and fishing event planned in April with several other events in the next few months. What i would like to do at some point, and I tried to do this when I was co-running PHW, is get a few Veterans from up around here tpo go to C-ton to fish. When I posted it on this board the response was, as expected, Great with all the guys down there willing to take a Veteran fishing. Anyways hopefully I can make that happen at some point.