BONZO72 's GENERATOR

Went to the oyster roast because I wanted to meet this guy:

I guess it was the sunglasses.
Anyways, it was a fine outing on my 64th birthday. I met the makers of Bonzo, aka Carl, and they seemed like “normal” people. I watched him work… cleaning the oysters/cooking them/putting them out/cleaning up…he had help, but, was on task.
Bonzo72 is a Clem graduate…I went to Auburn…Tigers. That is where the similarity ends. Bonzo72 is a hoarder of cat litter buckets. I’m a hoarder of mechanical parts.
Exhibit A:

I got one with his name on it!!! I’ve never put my name on a cat litter bucket…must be a Clem thing.
Here he’s asking me which end goes to the faucet:

Now to the Generator…way too complicated for any graduate. Too may sensors:

The blue and white wire are the sensor wires for the oil level sensor. The Generator was overfilled with oil either because Bonzo put too much oil in it or it is “making oil” due to Bonzo trying to start it sooooo many times and dumping gas into the oil.
Back to the wiring:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1037318/Wen-56200i.html?page=29#manual

Here’s a picture of the coil wire:

THERE IS NO SPARK AT THE PLUG!!!
Either a sensor or the coil is bad. I believe I can defeat these “ground faults” and fire this engine. I don’t care for trickery in ground fault systems…requires a plug in for a computer at the board…too bad for you at the campground.
So Bonzo, you could have pulled on that generator till the cows came home(ya’ll would be considered a tractor university)…and

Did you try draining out some of the oil, to see if the sensor would come back:question:

That would be, EASY, lol.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Did you try draining out some of the oil, to see if the sensor would come back:question:

First thing was check the oil...poured out on the table...#$%^ and drained the rest into a mayonnaise jar...turned off the switch and pulled to reset board...NADA The oil smelled of gasoline to an old nose.
quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy
quote:
Originally posted by Easy

First thing was check the oil...poured out on the table...#$%^ and drained the rest into a mayonnaise jar...turned off the switch and pulled to reset board...NADA The oil smelled of gasoline to an old nose.

assuming Carl didnt pour gas into the oil, ill bet money the float is stuck on the carb. gas is filling the carb, then flowing into the cylinder housing, and then filling the crankcase.

on the “no-fire” issue…usually oil level switches wont kill spark because of TOO much oil. how did you test the fire? grounded the plug or used a spark tester? even a new sparkplug can mis fire, usually because it was dropped.

You lost me at cat bucket mogul.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

also, youll know if the oil has gas in it…it will be very runny and the oil will not stick to your finger very well…also, it lights on fire very easy :imp:

I think it’s pretty cool that you can meet a guy for the first time and just give him your equipment and when he says he’ll take a look at it, you know he’s not blowing smoke up your ass…mdaddy, can’t tell you how much I appreciate this…and you better do something fancy pants with that cat litter bucket…it is a one of a kind!

oh and by the way, Big Bonzo was a Clemson grad…they wouldn’t have me, but I enjoyed all 5-1/2 years at the College of Charleston! but my blood does run orange!! Go Tigers!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

That first photo is deeply disturbing.

As for mdaddy. My first time meeting him but, he immediately struck me as a first rate guy that tells it like it is. A pleasure meeting him and his family.

can DF be put in timeout for that cat bucket mogul comment?

I’m not queer or nothin, but I almost forgotten what a goodlookin sumbich bonzo is.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

I’m not queer or nothin, but I almost forgotten what a goodlookin sumbich bonzo is.

This has gotten too weird. Waiting for Ricky to chime in.

“oh and by the way, Big Bonzo was a Clemson grad…they wouldn’t have me”…their loss!!!

“Francisco” at WEN support say it is the igniter:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1037318/Wen-56200i.html?page=28#manual

I was impressed by his knowledge. I had the wire diagram/ground faults traced and he went through the checks with me including ohms. We’ll see if he’s right…

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

“oh and by the way, Big Bonzo was a Clemson grad…they wouldn’t have me”…their loss!!!

“Francisco” at WEN support say it is the igniter:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1037318/Wen-56200i.html?page=28#manual

I was impressed by his knowledge. I had the wire diagram/ground faults traced and he went through the checks with me including ohms. We’ll see if he’s right…

Please let me know any cost incurred…we didn’t discuss that possible scenario!

Some duct tape and bungee cords and this thing is portable!

quote:
Please let me know any cost incurred...we didn't discuss that possible scenario!

Whooowee, that could get expensive. What is a cat bucket worth?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:
Please let me know any cost incurred...we didn't discuss that possible scenario!

Whooowee, that could get expensive. What is a cat bucket worth?

autographed = priceless…

Mdaddy will never get paid.

And there was lite:

so the coil was bad?