Boondoggle?

Who is going next weekend? I know myself and Mbrady, DOlsen, Scuba Stan…

Anyone else? It should be a great time, weather should be sunny and around 80 degrees to boot!!!

I’m going…driving down there on Thurs afternoon along with DD…convoy!

When are y’all coming back?

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!

Monday for me…I’ve got to work that Tuesday

Where is it at?

2007 Pioneer 17’5 Baysport

2012 Malibu Stealth 12 Kayak

“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles”

Merritt Island, Florida…there is a big area they call the ‘no-motor zone’ that will be one of the places folks will be fishing, along with the Mosquito Lagoon to the north among other places around the area. The “Boondoggle” is really just a big gathering of kayak anglers to get together and fish. We will be camping at Kars Park, across the water from Cape Canaveral. The website http://www.yakangler.com has more details…

I wish I would have known about this earlier. I know you mentioned it when we were out in the Wando in January. Do they have camping?

2007 Pioneer 17’5 Baysport

2012 Malibu Stealth 12 Kayak

“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles”

Yeah looks like a lot of folks will be camping at Kars Park…

Night fish the canals!!! Glow in the dark DOA shrimp under corks along mangroves and lights get trout. All the fish there are on mangroves not really seawalls or docks. It’s beautiful down there! I ho down 2-3 tines a year and fish that area. You can launch at the Pineda Causeway and get easy access to the canal system. The pineda pilings have good easy to catch sheepshead. Once piece of sage advice, watch out for manatees. I was down there MLK day and a mabatee flipped my kayak over. In 5.5’ of water then when I was underwater he swam into me, and a dolphin came 2" from hittin my boat.

Hunter P. Hames
11’ Tarpon 100
19’ Sea Fox 125 merc

Y’all missed a great time! Fishing was SLOW, wind was FAST, and temps were COLD, but I’m glad I went. Great time to meet new people, look at others rigs, and tell a bunch of lies! If you have the chance to go to a Boondoggle in the future, find the time to go!

DD

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!

That Boondoggle was a big event… DD is right - fishing was very slow! I caught a few dink trout and a ‘sea robin’ on the first day out in the No-Motor-Zone. Saw fish on the second day but couldn’t get one to bite - fishing around Thousand Islands at Cocoa Beach. Worst day weather-wise was the third day, but the best fishing day for me, with two reds at Mosquito Lagoon…

Has a location been announced for the Fall Boondoggle?

If two wrongs don’t make a right, try three.

Not yet…probably in a few weeks