Boot advice

Yes, I realize I’m getting fashion advice from Charleston fishing BUT…

I received these boots as a hand-me-down and have really grown to enjoy wearing them. I would like to purchase a pair of similar style except that are dark brown. I’ve looked at boot jack and field and stream and can’t find any that feel similar. These have thick western style heal, pointed toe, and leather bottoms. Don’t want a work boot hence I like that they are a little bit more classier. If anyone could recommend what I’m looking for I’d greatly appreciate it. Looking to stay under $150.

17’ Mako //90hp Mercury
16’ Alumacraft // 20hp Yamaha
14’ War Eagle // 9.8hp Tohatsu
17’ Key West // 90hp Yamaha

SCREAMING WIFE BOUGHT ME A PAIR VERY SIMILER IN BLACK , WESTERN POINTED TOE , HIGH HEEL WITH A SIDE ZIPPER , PURCHASED THRU KOHLS ONLINE…TAKE A LOOK SEE !!!

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Might try the redwing store near Breck’s on Rivers avenue.

Sheplers.com

Try Boot Barn as well.

That’s pretty much a standard “R” toe boot w/standard stacked leather heel. If you want a pointier toe go with a “J” toe, “D” toe or even an “X” toe (cockroach killers) but if you want a rounder toe, go with a Roper or “U” toe. The “trend” right now are boots with a somewhat square toe (not like the stereotypical “biker” boot). Some boot companies call them “French toe.” It looks like the boot has been re-soled at least once. It could just be the angle of the picture but the shafts look to be a shorter 10" or 11" shaft. For a boot of similar style and quality, I would look at Dan Post, Justin or Tony Lama boots. All three are hand crafted (not hand made) but personally, I like the insole on the Dan Post’s better. I think that allows them to “break in” faster than traditional leather insole boots. Ariat makes a very comfortable boot as well but the majority (not all) of their boots have either full rubber or partial rubber soles as opposed to traditional leather soles. Tecova makes an inexpensive (relatively speaking) handmade boot.

There are countless places online you can buy boots but I would NEVER buy a pair of boots without trying them on first. That said, I don’t know of any legit western wear stores in the Charleston area.

Yes, cowboy boots are another vice of mine. Don’t judge me.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

It’s not talking crap if you can back it up…and nothing can back it up better than facts.

https://www.ariat.com/
https://www.ariat.com/SEDONA_M_FOO.html?dwvar_SEDONA__M__FOO_color=DISTRESSED_BROWN

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Check out Gene Lemmons Saddle shop in Laurens S.C. on face book, he can make you a pair!

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

That’s pretty much a standard “R” toe boot w/standard stacked leather heel. If you want a pointier toe go with a “J” toe, “D” toe or even an “X” toe (cockroach killers) but if you want a rounder toe, go with a Roper or “U” toe. The “trend” right now are boots with a somewhat square toe (not like the stereotypical “biker” boot). Some boot companies call them “French toe.” It looks like the boot has been re-soled at least once. It could just be the angle of the picture but the shafts look to be a shorter 10" or 11" shaft. For a boot of similar style and quality, I would look at Dan Post, Justin or Tony Lama boots. All three are hand crafted (not hand made) but personally, I like the insole on the Dan Post’s better. I think that allows them to “break in” faster than traditional leather insole boots. Ariat makes a very comfortable boot as well but the majority (not all) of their boots have either full rubber or partial rubber soles as opposed to traditional leather soles. Tecova makes an inexpensive (relatively speaking) handmade boot.

There are countless places online you can buy boots but I would NEVER buy a pair of boots without trying them on first. That said, I don’t know of any legit western wear stores in the Charleston area.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

It’s not talking crap if you can back it up…and nothing can back it up better than facts.

\I just learned more about boats in your short paragraph than I ever knew about them. :smiley:

^^^ What Fred said! Bang knows his stuff.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

\I just learned more about boats in your short paragraph than I ever knew about them. :smiley:

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

https://www.ariat.com/
https://www.ariat.com/SEDONA_M_FOO.html?dwvar_SEDONA__M__FOO_color=DISTRESSED_BROWN

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Good selection of ARIAT here:

https://www.bootbarn.com/

Address: 7800 Rivers Ave #1930, North Charleston, SC 29406

I have a pair of leather soles and they are NICE.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

oh yes I did take a picture of my boots and send it to Peepod…

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Bangstick’s 4th of July beach boots…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

Bangstick’s 4th of July beach boots…

RBF

Nah! I like a taller heel. :wink:

I own many pairs of Ariats, for work and casual. I keep going back to them because, quite frankly I like the styles they offer and they are comfortable. I have a pair of Double H, that I love, but they just are not as comfortable, so they don’t get worn as much. I do recommend getting the “ATS” version Ariats, they are more comfortable. My casual pair are now on their 4th winter season (I typically only wear them in the winter time), and they are holding up very well and still look great. This particular pair is a square toe and have a rubber sole on the bottom. It they have held up this well over the past 3 years, I may have a lifetime investment with these. LOL. Oh, I did accidentally scuff the toe of the boot a couple of weeks ago, told my wife “that’s it, time to get another pair!”

[url=https://postimg.cc/SJTLNgrg]

[/url]upload images and get url

For the record, that’s not a wooden heel. It’s either a solid piece of leather or multiple stacked pieces of leather. From your picture, it looks like stacked leather with a rubber heel cap. Wooden heels would make that an extremely uncomfortable pair of boots and they wouldn’t last very long.

quote:

For the record, that’s not a wooden heel. It’s either a solid piece of leather or multiple stacked pieces of leather. From your picture, it looks like stacked leather with a rubber heel cap. Wooden heels would make that an extremely uncomfortable pair of boots and they wouldn’t last very long.

Thank you. I had no idea.

Tony Llamas… boot jack https://www.tonylama.com/footwear/men/styles/western-boots/7901 i have these. drop the extra forty bucks, it’s worth it

“Good things come to those who bait”