Boykin spaniel

quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy

Has anyone ever posted asked a question about Goodyear Tires, and people respond about their Michelins, Cooper’s, and Hankooks?

Have you ever seen that on here?

Do you scold them too?

If you see people jumping off the bridge, you jumping too?

Why don’t you just answer my question?

What kind of dog do you have?

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Reckon I’m nearing 30 years of ownership, as my current Boykin is 6,and I’m on my third dog. All Boykins have a retrieving instinct, some better than others. There are still plenty of great dogs coming from our state,you have to know where to look.

As with any dog they have to be trained,I’ve trained all of mine and have had excellent results. Some rely on schools, but the trainer at that school doesn’t come home with the dog.I would say Boykins are the complete state dog,as they are great retrievers of doves and summer ducks.

Nice.

I prefer the longer legged, not as curly hair type Boykins…which seem to be harder and harder to come across. I think this one was a seed of Superman from IOP, but it’s been a while. She passed right at 17 years old…wandered off into the marsh when it was time.

By the way, all this talk of doves and pheasant, etc…weren’t Boykins bred to hunt turkeys? Pretty sure that’s what I’ve heard from pops and read elsewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by SchoolsOut1

By the way, all this talk of doves and pheasant, etc…weren’t Boykins bred to hunt turkeys? Pretty sure that’s what I’ve heard from pops and read elsewhere.

I’ve heard about that- sounds like it would be a fun thing to do … I guess as they imposed stricter hunting laws it just died out.

17’ Mako