Braided Line

How often do you guys change Power Pro ect. I have spent a lot of time under docks (using 20Lb)in tugs of war. It looks ok still but don’t know what level of unseen abrasion might be present.

change mine every three years.

“The good fisherman is surprised when he doesn’t catch fish: I am just the other way around.”
Gene Hill, Passing a Good Time.

if you are fishing inshore and have your spool pretty much full don’t be afraid to take off a few yards every now and then…or wind it onto another spool and use it like new…
a Penn Sargus SG3000 holds 170yds of 20lb braid…that’s more than enough to strip some off every now and then and still be ok…unless you are fishing for reely big fish…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

x2, I peel a good cast’s worth off if I feel like I’ve beat it up on docks/oysters.

It all depends on how good of care you take with it and what you do with it. I have 2 reels with 30 and 50 lb Diamond Blue Braid that went out with me 6 days a week all summer. And I washed the reel down well with fresh water every day and it’s still in great shape. Like the other guys said, it’s not uncommon or a bad idea to trim a few yards off when it gets old. Another good thing to do (just did this to ALL of my reels) is to reverse the line. Take the line off the spool and put it on reverse. That way you have a fresh bunch of line on the outside of the spool. If you take care of it, your expensive spool of braid will last a looooot longer than ignoring and abusing it.

yella bote
black motor

Rap where did you get your diamond blue braid?

>=<((((o> Wando High School Angling Club >=<((((o>

I believe Hadrells might have it… Go into the West Ashley Store and ask Scott for the Diamond Blue stuff. It holds up very well and has taken plenty of abuse. Just put a new spool of 50 kb on my new Saltist and have high hopes for it for Sailfish season.

yella bote
black motor

thanks

>=<((((o> Wando High School Angling Club >=<((((o>