Brain eating amoeba in Charleston County

Might explain some things around here!

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/south-carolina-resident-contracts-potentially-deadly-brain-eating-amoeba/416194427

Told ya it was coming , go back 1 page , They also just dumped the remainder of the “treated water” into the Catawba.:face_with_head_bandage:
Reckon these pollution issues will rank up there with Obummers air condioners being worse than isis ???
In this case whats worse , isis cutting heads off , or amoeba eating it ???
Reckon we’ll just have to wait and see what comes back from RIO![:0]

George McDonald ; Board Member ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Musta got Bolbie, at an early age and was never treated[:0]

Should have taken that amoeba to to the DNC convention, it would have starved to death.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

that amoeba has been around for many years

there was a case from Lake Marion 40+ years ago

they primarily live at the bottom in the debris, it’s not a predator out swimming around looking for noses to enter

don’t stir up the bottom, don’t swim in real shallow water and don’t ingest water up your nose

Pioneer 197SF

quote:
Originally posted by Blueskyguy

that amoeba has been around for many years

there was a case from Lake Marion 40+ years ago

they primarily live at the bottom in the debris, it’s not a predator out swimming around looking for noses to enter

don’t stir up the bottom, don’t swim in real shallow water and don’t ingest water up your nose

Pioneer 197SF

I remember a big scare in the mid 70’s. Mom banned me from swimming in the pond. so I only did when she was at work.

What’s different is back then they said it was from non-flowing water. This dude got it at Martin’s landing. River is running strong right now. :question:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

One in 1 million. You have a better chance of being struck by lightning

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

The little girl died last night. A pretty rare and isolated event but, I’m sure that doesn’t assuage her parent’s grief right now.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

How sad

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Awful. It’s scary at this day and age (especially if you have young kids) that there’s still things out there that can kill so quickly, and there’s really nothing modern medicine can do about it.

Sorry to hear that news -