Brake Failure

quote:
Originally posted by CooperRiverMan

A Dodge is a real truck? Real good at being the worst of the big 3 American brands. Far more breakdowns per 100 vehicles than Ford or Chevy. They look great. But I would never buy one unless it was Diesel. I have had 2 F150’s and now a Ford Explorer. Never had any problems other than a few minor electrical issues.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

On Dodge #3, well lets not count my 1968 Camper special 4x4 so #2. Well over 200,000 with only 2 issues. AC problem and rear drive shaft seal. Owned Fords and a GMC. NEVER AGAIN

I have tried them all. Ford is the only one to stand up to the constant heavy towing,hauling and abuse on a daily basis. I now have nine of them in the fleet… most with over 100k and a couple over 200k still towing over 10k every day. Sorry to hear about your brakes. Glad to hear you didnt get hurt or worse. Remember you have a two year unlimited mile warranty on the new motorcraft parts.

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats

This one has a simple answer… Fix it, sell it… Get something else!!! Because if you do get in a wreck, that’s exactly what you wish you would have done in hindsight!

Have an 04 Ram Hemi and only put brake pads and tires on it so far! To be fair to Ford and the Rice Burners, I did have to empty the ash tray a couple of times:smiley:

Here you go you Ford guys! http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/16/sales-trouble-ford-offers-hefty-f-150-pickup-discounts.html?__source=xfinity|mod&par=xfinity

As Peapod said, glad you’re OK…

As Larry eluded to, get a Yota:smiley:, seriously!

As Skinnee said, fix and sell…

BTW, the resale on a Tacoma is SICK,in a good way!

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

I know 2 guys that bought F150 Ecoboost’s and they both say never again!

I have a “yota”, Tundra. I don’t put a lot of miles on it, but really enjoy it.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I have a “yota”, Tundra. I don’t put a lot of miles on it, but really enjoy it.

You gotta quality ride for sure!

The reason I mentioned Tacoma was in 2010, I was looking to buy a used one but everything was $17 or $18k for one with 70 to 80k miles on it…WOW!

Ended up buying new with a sticker of $28300 and getting down to $24800. Great truck but was recently deemed a total loss due to an accident and the insurance paid out $21k for the loss. I was shocked with it having 96k miles on it!! Subtract 1k for deductible.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

I haven’t heard much good about the ecoboost trucks from several mechanics I know. Glad you are ok. No brakes makes for a scary ride.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Only really bad vehicle I have ever owned was a Ford Explorer.