Bream Fishing

Do any of the rivers around Charleston hold good numbers of bream? I would like to take a break from the salt one day and take my little boat out for a day of spring bream fishing. I used to love fly fishing for them and would like to do it again. I have heard good things about the Combahee, but was unsure of boat ramp access or whether some rivers fish better than others?

Things used to get heated about this time of year. Any of yall seeing them spawning or making beds yet?

Thanks!

Go up the Cooper River plenty of Panfish. If you have not been up that way it is quite lovely.I used to go and spend the entire day just exploring and fishing. Take note loads of Gators and they will be on the bed so if you hear em barking at ya take hed.There used to be a landing at the Dock restaurant, not sure it is still there since Gilligans took over ,but there is a landing across the bridge or you could put in at Cypress Garden landing and fish your way up.This weekend may be a lil hairy they say the guys fishing the Bass tournament out of Georgetown are gonna run to fish the upper Cooper and you know they will be flying.Best of luck The old timers used to say the first moon in April and May were the days.

Bream fishing was starting to roll untill this last rain, but looks like water level is dropping again. May full moon is my favorite for bream and red breast. Edisto river putting in at Canadays up or down or Jacksonboro focusing up river, Combahee putting in at Riverside near Yemassee up or down river, and the Asheepoo off 17 fishing up river.

Catfish bite is doing well right now.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”