Bubba Blades

Sells showed me that machine and how to use it. He shaved his arm with the knife. I bought one and never looked back. It’s about $120 but you use it to put a great edge on the knife and all you need is a steel and it maintains the edge. I have only needed a slight touch up on my dexters. Can’t beat a sharp knife. Thanks sells.

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

quote:
Originally posted by sellsfish

This is what I use. I can make a butter knife into a razor in under 3minutes.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/chef-schoice-professional-sharpening-station/1014147438?mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_cutlery_&adpos=1o2&creative=39230283949&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CMTd5MPj0sMCFZLm7AodHFYATw

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Those are decent, a Worksharp is even better. If you can shave after using the Chefmate, the hairs will fall off and never grow back from fear with the Worksharp.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

I still have the original disks in mine. still work fine

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Thanks Paul, I’m going to put that on my shopping list, along with some Dexter’s! and a Pad Lock.

The worksharp is OK, but ANY sharpener removes metal. A lot of the time, all you need is a good steel or strop to straighten out the wire edge of a well sharpened and un-abused blade. I use a manual guided sharpener ( Lansky) to keep a consistent bevel and finish with a strop and two or three grades of rouge or paste. Even with handmade, custom blades, the first thing I do is re-profile them to the bevel of my preference and sharpen them.

Oh, and I agree, for kitchen use, Dexter Russell is the way to go…

quote:
Originally posted by bgf

The worksharp is OK, but ANY sharpener removes metal. A lot of the time, all you need is a good steel or strop to straighten out the wire edge of a well sharpened and un-abused blade. I use a manual guided sharpener ( Lansky) to keep a consistent bevel and finish with a strop and two or three grades of rouge or paste. Even with handmade, custom blades, the first thing I do is re-profile them to the bevel of my preference and sharpen them.

The Lansky is what I used for a long time, and they are great. The Chefs Choice is so much quicker and gets them just as sharp IMO.

If going somewhere without power, a steel and Lansky would be what I would take.

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:
Originally posted by sellsfish

This is what I use. I can make a butter knife into a razor in under 3minutes.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/chef-schoice-professional-sharpening-station/1014147438?mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_cutlery_&adpos=1o2&creative=39230283949&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CMTd5MPj0sMCFZLm7AodHFYATw

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

How close does this sharpener get to the handle of the knife. I have used sharpeners in the past and they wouldn’t touch the last 1-3/4" towards the handle…

it gets all of it

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron