Buck Hall to Bulls Island

We are camping at Buck Hall in a couple of weeks. I wanted to take the kids to check out Bull Island while we are there. I see on Bing Maps there is a Water Trail from Moores Landing to the Docks at Bulls Island, it even labels it as “Awendaw - Bulls Island”. Can anyone here confirm this is an accurate route?
I’m sure there is a faster route than running from Buck Hall all the way to Moores & then to Bulls Island but not sure how comfortable I am running across Bulls Bay. I’m sure there’s a lot of shallows to get stuck on if you don’t know what you are doing.

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

Usually run out of Garris landing at the Bulls Island ferry dock, head north and cut into Anderson creek if the waters low need to make a 90% right hand turn (left if coming from Buck) and hug the right hand bank to avoid the oysters. Stay some to the right side, a mile in there’s one heck of a mound almost mid creek, if the tide at half either way you’ll see it. From the creek mouth at the bay it’s pretty much a safe shot to the north tip of Bulls Island, if the weathers nice you’ll see other boats.
Good luck

I don’t always Tell the Truth,,, But when I do I exaggerate

I appreciate the help. Will make sure I look out for those oysters. Probably go at low tide so all the land mines will be visible & can save my track.

Check the time the ferry boat leaves the dock at Garris Landing ( should be on there website ) and follow it. Can be a bit slow traveling but safe and then you will have your track back. If you can put in at Garris landing that would be good too.

01 Scout 177 w/ 150 hpdi

I agree with otter,sounds like he knows where to go. I wish I could remember the marker number but there is an old pvc shrimp pole where you make the turn.If it’s really low moon tide,follow the crab pots when you get out in the bay.My boys know where the channel is.haha

I looked it up & the Ferry boats leave out at 7 & 10:30 so I may follow one of them in.
Thanks for the help guys.

The ferry takes the back way in and out, it’s a good route if the bay is white capping.
Following the ferry plan on a long slow scenic trip.

If your heading for the beach follow Summerhouse Creek to the main bay the ferry will go to the dock in the middle of the island first in the summer they go to a beach drop off next not sure if they do it during the winter. The first beach area has a steep drop off 20 feet of water 10 feet off the sand. Closer to the north tip there is a large sandy flat area better for the kids. Anchor in the deeper water if you plan on walking around the front of the island to see the bone yard. I’ve been caught (just once) by a low tide on the sand flats and have helped a couple others get floating again. If you have them best to use two anchors. Have fun

Great info, thanks for all the help.