Bull Reds and New Electronics!

The redfish bite has been good, especially the breeder sized reds in the deeper haunts of the harbor and off the beach. Live menhaden rigged on a carolina rig with just enough weight to keep in place has been a good go to setup along with vertical jigs 1-2oz. As far as the new electronics setup on the new boat… it’s not like I don’t know where I am going or what I’m going to be doing, but the fact is that the productive areas just jump out at me. The contours of the bottom have come alive with the new shading features of my charts. Finding and eliminating water just keeps getting simplified year by year. Gonna be reeeeeeeel hard to keep spots to ourselves in the near future, hahaha.

That map is very nice… what system is it? Oh yeah, nice fish!

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC

quote:
Originally posted by DillyDally

That map is very nice… what system is it? Oh yeah, nice fish!

No doubt. The new SonarChart Shading feature is awesome! I have the Platinum+ card in the Lowrance HDS Live. First time in a long time I have run Lowrance and the new HDS Live is nothing short of Greatness!

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC

Nice fish, Go Hokies!

Scout 175 Sportfish 90 HP Yamaha

That looks awesome! Does the shade system only work on Lowrance units?

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

It should work on all the latest and greatest Navico systems (Simrad GO and Evo3, Lowrance, B&G). Navionics published a compatibility chart but I can’t figure out where the new shading is called out on that. It could just be lumped in the Advanced Mapping Options column.

https://www.navionics.com/usa/support/compatibility-guides

Nice Red

“Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education”

18’ CC SeaFox

The New Sonar Chart Shading is on Platinum+ (saltwater) and HotMaps Platinum (freshwater) cards. Any unit that can run Platinum Cards have the capability for shading (Simrad GO/NSS, Lowrance HDS/EliteTi, Raymarine Axiom, Humminbird Solix/Helix…)