Bulls Bay North 10.11.23

:slight_smile: Wednesday the conditions were setting up nicely for a day of shrimp baiting. Mild wind, gray skies, and mid-day low tide, and my college son was home and available. We arrived at Buck Hall to find a full lot, a busy ramp, and about ten pickups in overflow. Nice to see people out. The short ride to the northeast corner of the bay was uneventful. We anchored up and set one pole in two feet of water and made bait patties while waiting for some incoming tide to move. Wind, if you can call it that, was 4 mph and later slowed to nothing. The water temp about 70 and pretty clear. We could see shrimp skittering nearby and a flock of pelicans crashing 100 yards east. I threw one net without bait and came up with one nice shrimp. Once the water moved, at about 1:30, we threw bait and started. We had shrimp every cast, even the occasional accidental ugly. It happens. Not huge numbers but steady for two and a half hours. The size was fairly uniform, medium/large, but smaller overall than previous trips. Only a few jumbos but very few small. Curious. A solo shrimper nearby was playing a nice mix of music and looked to be doing okay too. In fact, we saw several guys and gals alone on their boats. Ended the day with probably 25 pounds.

3 Likes

Good looking shrimp! I miss going out there. No matter how much we caught (or didn’t), I always went home more relaxed.

1 Like