Bulls Bay North 9.19

First time out this season. Arrived Buck Hall at low tide to find just 5 boat trailers in the lot. The campground was almost empty too. Even for a Monday that’s pretty sparse. We entered the bay and went to the north end in about 3’ of water at the end of a channel. We were marking shrimp when we slowed down. We set up just as the tide was starting to move in. Water went from dark cloudy to fairly clear in short order. Baited and waited. Wind was blowing 12mph out of the N, NE directly into the incoming tide. Not ideal. We caught shrimp but only 1-5 per throw and mixed. Now I understand why the lot was mostly empty. We scouted a couple of deep hole spots that have produced for us but they were empty. We’ll move around next time.

1 Like

It can be feast or famine out there and the wind can be tough. Thanks for the report. I know some folks that live a good bit away determine whether they will make the trek based on reports like yours. No guarantee of success or failure but it helps.

I for sure appreciate the reports. From the upstate,it makes a big diff whether we’ll make the trip or not. Keep reporting. We are eyeballing a weekend in mid Oct. We’ll see.

Yeah wind is killer out there.