Bulls bay south 9/16/23

Got to make my first trip out to bulls bay this year, first in the water at moores landing. Headed out to bay and set up a pair of test poles, and it produced well, made a lot of passes and finally filled cooler around 11:00am. Shrimp started as really large and finished with medium to large. Overall great day. I was really happy to be able to get the cooler full.

2 Likes

Awesome, good to hear BB is still producing shrimp.

Nice to see you back, and thanks for the report!!

Outstanding Bear,I bet you you were ten foot tall and bulletproof by the time you got home. I know that’s how I felt when I coolered out.Nowadays I just go see the mayor to get my shrimp.

Awesome job! And thanks for the report!

We were in the same area same time and couldn’t find the shrimp. Put poles north of channel. Probably spent too much time waiting on shrimp to show up. Lots of people deep holing in channel though.

Yea I seen everyone deep holing, I wonder how that’s going? I’ve set up a few times and not catch a shrimp out there. And I’ll move and be in the spot, this time my last 3 poles toward shore were the only 3 not producing any, i pulled them and moved to other end and it worked. I don’t know what the difference could be in that short of a distance. I have best luck going straight out then turn hard left for about 1/2 mile. We’re the map shows you sitting in the green, just have to watch and head out before dead low tide. I try to catch it on the incoming.

Thank you. Trying again tomorrow. Will let you know.

Got 2/3 cooler yesterday

Encouraging! Decent size as well?

Medium to large.

The porpoises were aggravating was the only thing. Otherwise good day.

1 Like

That’s great to hear, glad it turned out better.

I think they learn the bait balls bring the shrimp too… they are certainly crafty buggers arent they

But do you think they are smart enough to move the bait balls?