Bulls bay south 9/24/22

Set out to south bulls bay 2 hours before low tide around (around noon), clear skies, light wind. We set some poles and bait and try for 2 hours and move a ways and try again. Shrimped hard for 6 hours and never produced enough to cover the bottom of cooler. Probably the least productive trip ever. Typically I’m out by sunrise, but at mercy of the tides this time. For all those that say clear skies + visibility in water = poor shrimping is holding true.
One question I have, my bait binder is a bag from last year I had left over, Does anyone think this would make a difference? I didn’t think so but maybe it loses some of its potency over time. It didn’t smell as strong as I remembered when I was making up bait balls.

Man, that is disheartening to hear. I have not heard a really good report yet this season.

As for the Baitbinder, I have used BB from the season before and never noticed any difference. Not hearing any good reports makes me wonder if this is just going to be an off year. Usually when someone coolers out, they can’t wait to tell everyone.

Oof. I went shrimping with @flowerbits at sunset in the Charleston harbor, the day after the seasoning opened, and we got 150 shrimp total.

Polarbear. If you are concerned about your BB, stop by the grocery store and pick up some Cheap cat food to add to it. Been a while but I’ve also used Chicken laying pellets in the mix.

Chicken feed. Brings back memories casting on the boat ramp at the naval weapons station next to edwards pier. Shrimped whenever boats launched off back and forth. 2 feet of water you could shine a flashlight and see them eating. Good ole days.

You’re showing some years there.

Tempus fugit.