Bushey Park

The pipe could fix the saltwater side problems, but what do you do when saltwater is pushed up into the freshwater side?
50ft from the freshwater ramp is one of Berkeley County Water’s primary freshwater intake stations.

Unless you like drinking saltwater.

They would have to build a dam to prevent backflow during high tides. Cant rely on check valves. If one failed it would shut down the water plant. What about during extreme high tides or during severe weather? All good opportunities for saltwater to get into the freshwater/drinking.

Met with Mr. Ray Anderson last week, he is a special assistant to North Charleston Mayor Summey. There is a few options in the making, some land near the exit of Filbin Creek and the old North Charleston fishing club. Quiet a few studies must be done, and the biggest problem of all is MONEY. I also asked about having the old falling down trestle removed from Filbin Creek. You would not believe how much input the Charleston Harbor Pilot’s have in this. Might as well face it Commerce seems to always beat boating and fishing. I received a nice phone call from Representative Mark Sanford about this issue, he will look into it. Keep the phone line’s and the politician’s ears burning. LET’S GET A GOOD BOAT RAMP WEST OF THE COOPER. Furthermore, Mayor Summey is for a new boat landing. KEEP PUSHING. Tight lines?

Thank you George! I’m going to try to rally the fishing clubs around this. If you are in a club or know the president, please pm me. Let’s put together a letter endorsed by all the clubs. That should be a powerful message

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com