Bushy park early morning trip

Went out early this morning and tried for some topwater trout. Not a bite on the top, but caught a few on DOA paddle tails. 3 trout total… 2 caught cast and retrieved and 1 was caught trolling.

“In every species of fish I’ve angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didn’t, much of the thrill of angling would be gone.” Ray Bergman

Good job man that’s the key getting out there and learning new things.

2007 Scout 221 150 Yamaha 4 stroke

On Sunday, my buddy and I decided to take our sons out of Bushy Park (first time for both of us). We quickly got stuck in the low tide and after about 30 minutes of laughing, rocking, and full throttle, we got free. As we rounded the corner, the storm moved in and provided quite a lightening display. Shaking our heads and airing on the side of caution for the little guys, we came back in and fished off the dock before being ran out by the rain. Made it back to the house with a little KFC, and a funny story for the wife and daughter. :face_with_head_bandage::smiley: