Bushy Park... same old story

Well crap. Was headed that way this weekend. Thanks for putting this out there stump

Thanks stump, I was going tomorrow,anyone got an idea what time the traffic slacks up on north Rhett going towards the paper mill? I can’t wait to see all the cigarette boats and ocean going vessels putting in at BP.

Thanks for the update. I live in Summerville and Bushy Park is where I know best but guess I’ll fish some in the Ashley (incoming to get a little clear water) but I never seem to do much good there. I also can go back to the canal and Lake Marion. I fished there for seven years and got pretty good with bass and stripers in the winter.

I launched there this morning and was approached by the project manager. He allowed me to launch today but it will be closed until they are done, maybe late January. Glad to see this finally happening. Long overdue. It was supposed to start after the new year, but he said the permitting for the location for dredge spoils was changed to Daniel Island, allowing them to push the schedule forward.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insider info! So I guess it’s permitting that’s keeping them from using the land directly north of the landing that was timbered and readied for the spoil. Interesting.

Now, am I gonna have to go to the facespace to see these fish from yesterday? :joy:

WOW, its actually happening.

1 Like

Thanks for the update stump. I was told they would have one ramp open this week but I guess that was wrong!

Maybe it they will have it open this weekend

Actually, I saw a boat put in there this morning. If you see the last pic posted, it looks like water from a boat launch/landing… so maybe it has one lane open?

Disclaimer* I am not saying it should be used, just that it appears the left lane is usable… don’t hold me to it haha

@nolesfan
@quinby90

Thank you again. I was told they won’t be back working until the new year so the left ramps are open!

Awesome thanks for the update time to catch some fish

i can’t wait for this to get done so i can take out my robalo there. its so close for me. i have never been out of there, so would love to make use of it soon.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen a worker at the landing in weeks. Maybe they are working at the other end and coming this way some. I know thats not likely but maybe, just maybe that’s worse case scenario…

Also, good to see you posting. I havent forgotten about you and the boat ramp meeting, we just haven’t had one that I know about. Anyway, hows the bite? Hopefully wetting a line in the next few days.

Someone on FB said a worker told them maybe a couple weeks… That would be end of January which is what they told me the day they shut it down.

They were there this morning getting back at it.

Some great overhead shots from your link bigt7mm. Thanks!

I wouldn’t be surprised if we only get a couple years out of this, the way its looking. I hope I’m wrong. I see that getting filled back in pronto. I’m sure the ACOE knows a lot more about dredging than I do :slight_smile: