Bushy Park... same old story

8 feet deep at low tide. That sounds nice.

1 Like

Looking forward to this. We tried to get the ball rolling on this way back in 2011 shortly after starting the Summerville Saltwater Anglers fishing club. We didn’t get much traction. Even got Mark Sanford to come out to the site to see the mud at low tide. I wonder if we will be able to use the landing while they are working on it.

Hey Dave, how is the club doing? Would love to see it thrive again, and now with all the new fishermen and boat owners in the area, membership increase should not be too difficult?

Club still has a pulse, it’s now known as the Lowcountry Saltwater Anglers. Still based in Summerville. I’m no longer involved in it besides Eye Strike being a sponsor of them.

Guess what I saw this morning… dredge workers at the ramp… so it begins… finally…

2 Likes

is it causing any problems putting in on that side? I’ve been out of commission since August and finally recovered enough to try tomorrow morning.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they will close that side while the dredging occurs. I will double check that and get back to you.

3 Likes

Yea, she’s out of commission for the foreseeable future.

Well crap. Was headed that way this weekend. Thanks for putting this out there stump

Thanks stump, I was going tomorrow,anyone got an idea what time the traffic slacks up on north Rhett going towards the paper mill? I can’t wait to see all the cigarette boats and ocean going vessels putting in at BP.

Thanks for the update. I live in Summerville and Bushy Park is where I know best but guess I’ll fish some in the Ashley (incoming to get a little clear water) but I never seem to do much good there. I also can go back to the canal and Lake Marion. I fished there for seven years and got pretty good with bass and stripers in the winter.

I launched there this morning and was approached by the project manager. He allowed me to launch today but it will be closed until they are done, maybe late January. Glad to see this finally happening. Long overdue. It was supposed to start after the new year, but he said the permitting for the location for dredge spoils was changed to Daniel Island, allowing them to push the schedule forward.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insider info! So I guess it’s permitting that’s keeping them from using the land directly north of the landing that was timbered and readied for the spoil. Interesting.

Now, am I gonna have to go to the facespace to see these fish from yesterday? :joy:

WOW, its actually happening.

1 Like

Thanks for the update stump. I was told they would have one ramp open this week but I guess that was wrong!

Maybe it they will have it open this weekend

Actually, I saw a boat put in there this morning. If you see the last pic posted, it looks like water from a boat launch/landing… so maybe it has one lane open?

Disclaimer* I am not saying it should be used, just that it appears the left lane is usable… don’t hold me to it haha

@nolesfan
@quinby90