Buying a truck

quote:
Originally posted by on a fishin mission

I have an 04 Titan with 300,000 miles on it and my wife has an armada with 150,000 miles on it. My truck just pulls the boat these days but with some basic maintenance and I’d drive across country in it. (starter in the process of dying but got 300,000 miles out of it…)

“There is nothing better we can do for our future than to teach our children well”
Cracker Larry

Been there done that…I don’t envy you or your wallet for that repair. (**() engineers for some reason thought it would be a good idea to put the starter UNDER the intake manifold. Took me about 3 hours to change mine in my '11.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Go check out the new Nissan Titan, 2nd generation is two versions now, the regular and the XD. Some AWESOME rebates going on right now, and the 5.6L V8 is tried and true - there’s a reason they still put it in their trucks since 2004.

Gas engine is available in both trucks, but the 5.0L V8 Cummins motor is only available in the XD. My 2017 Pro4X XD with the Cummins has been a great truck. Just rolled 40k miles and work her hard daily.

Wadmalaw native

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy
quote:
Originally posted by on a fishin mission

I have an 04 Titan with 300,000 miles on it and my wife has an armada with 150,000 miles on it. My truck just pulls the boat these days but with some basic maintenance and I’d drive across country in it. (starter in the process of dying but got 300,000 miles out of it…)

“There is nothing better we can do for our future than to teach our children well”
Cracker Larry

Been there done that…I don’t envy you or your wallet for that repair. (**() engineers for some reason thought it would be a good idea to put the starter UNDER the intake manifold. Took me about 3 hours to change mine in my '11.

Wadmalaw native

I opened the hood with the ambition of doing it myself. Shook my head and promptly closed it :roll_eyes:

Cracker Larry

I am on my second Nissan Titan. My son is still driving my first one and somewhere over 200K miles on it with no problems. I have over 80K on my 2015 and never been in the shop other than oil changes.