Buying a Used/Refurbed Iphone???

My youngest son’s birthday is in a few weeks. He sees what we spend for him to play sports etc. so her really doesn’t ask for much. With that being said, he has said he would “kinda like a new phone”. He has a used Iphone 5S with a cracked screen he bought from a kid at school for $20. I put a new battery in it and it works but isn’t pretty. He has been kind of rough on cellphones so spending big bucks on a new one isn’t something I’m willing to do at this point. He said he prefers smaller Iphones to Android so I’m willing to look at acceptably priced Iphones.

I know the 5S isn’t made anymore but, I would be willing to consider a factory refurbed model or an Iphone SE. Can anyone provide any advice/recommendations on buying a refurbed or used iphone that comes with a warranty.

Thanks

Batterys Pluss can redo his phone pretty cheap! probaly while you wait!

DF I don’t know if your interested. I have an I-Phone 4S that has been sitting in a drawer for a couple of years that I have no use for. The older models may be locked and this one is on AT&T. It is small like you said. It is in mint condition. I don’t know allot about tech stuff so don’t know if any issues with older phones, speeds and batteries and such. It also has a life proof case that is in good shape and will guard against drops but I do see a tiny breach in the life proof case that may prevent it from being water-proof. The phone has only one tiny hair line scratch on the back that is really hard to see. 9.5/10. Just let me know if it suits your purposes and I will send it to you. Take care Sir.

Thanks for the input guys. I hadn’t thought about getting the screen replaced so "I’ll look into that. If I come up short Pete, I may get back with you. I won’t take it though, we’ll have to agree on a price.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

https://www.gazelle.com/

also you can get the screen fixed. several places around. We had our daughters 5S screen replaced by the I-doctor. although it is already cracked again b/c see can seem to stop dropping it.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Thanks for the input guys. I hadn’t thought about getting the screen replaced so "I’ll look into that. If I come up short Pete, I may get back with you. I won’t take it though, we’ll have to agree on a price.

Doug,
Just food for thought.
When someone offers you a gift; kindly accept it.
They are paying forward and will be blessed.
Money transfers takes that blessing away.
OK, its Sunday so preaching is allowed.

George, you are exactly right. One of my many faults is that I have a hard time accepting something for free. I’m not sure why, I just do and always have. Your generosity several years ago of inviting me and my son to use your little boat to gather oysters was such a nice gesture. Your only request was that I sit and have a beer with you afterwards. I did (two I think) and really enjoyed our conversation. I learned a lot about the area and it was really interesting to hear about it from a true local. Folks have taken me fishing and not allowed me to pay for bait or fuel and for some reason I fee like a freeloader. There are so many good people on this site and at times, I have been overwhelmed by their kindness and generosity. It’s funny, I don’t mind giving stuff away and refusing payment, I just don’t know why I have a problem accepting such things. I’ll work on that. Preaching is allowed, you’re a smart man!

As for Pete, he is one of so many really good folks here on CF. There are really too many good folks here to list but I am thankful to have found CF and made friends with the people I have. Thanks for the comments George.

Oh, I I believe we have a phone. My sister is upgrading hers and is giving us her old one (still newer than his). I don’t mind taking from her, I work around her house A LOT.

DFreedom you have given us all plenty. Karma is real and is circling back around at you. Thank you Sir.

I have no useful ■■■■■■■■ regarding the actual topic, but this thread has already made my day. Well done, men. :smiley:

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

On Ebay, there is a place in Spartanburg that refurbishes them with a 2 month warranty. I got a 5s to use out of the country and it works great so far… Got it in November.

FF

I guess I should have followed up. My sister traded hers in but, I was able to find a “demo” model (iPhone 5SE) from a reputable reseller in Ebay for under $200. It came with a 90 day warranty. It looks brand new and came with a new charging cord. He is happy as a clam. Thanks all for your input.