Buying Car extended warranty???

quote:
Originally posted by hhi angler

Bought a Hyundai problem solved, got an 04 Ford truck 88K on it no problem. Ram and its pal Jeep are probably the worst on the market.

Ha, the Jeep Grand Cherokee was the one that I had to replace a transmission...

I had a Tahoe for 275K miles with no real issues.

My first dodge ram had tranny problems at 5k.My second had problems at 12 k.No ram or dodge product for me ever again.

Stonoman

quote:
Originally posted by stonoman

Reality is i am an old man.Wise old men plan ahead.I decided to keep the Avalanche because i really like it.The warranty runs out at 36k or 3 years.The 3 years will be here in a few months.Looking for input on a company that will actually pay for a problem and not get me pissed off with bull &@&$t.I do not want to go “Postal” on some poor guy that sold me a bull &@&$t policy.:slight_smile:

Stonoman

Joe, I can understand why you would not want to have to deal with it. You could probably do one better by hiring yourself a personal assistant, and you’d be giving some young man the chance of a lifetime to learn from someone like yourself.

Find yourself a young man that’s fresh out of high school and can work a couple days a week as a second-job. Give him maybe 10-15 hours a week doing stuff for you. If the Avalanche takes a dump on you, let him handle it. Let him launch your boat, let him wash the boat, or whatever it is you don’t have time for.

He’ll learn things from you that he would have never learned. And you’ll have someone around to give you a hand.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

quote:
my 2006 Tundra with almost 90,000 mi. on it.

A Tundra with 90K on it barely even realizes that it left the showroom floor :sunglasses:.

My 1990 GMC got a new transmission at about 170K and the motor only just now started giving me problems. It will need a new motor at some point in time (the head gasket leaked coolant into the oil, but I temporarily patched it with head gasket sealant in the radiator). I can’t complain about a transmission that made it 20 years and motor that made it 24 years (211K miles). Was owned by my cousin for most of those years, and he definitely used it well.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

They are pure profit for the dealers. Only marks buy extended warranties…

Decided to forget the warranty.

Stonoman