Buying Tires online

Yes, its that discussion again. I just purchased new tires from:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/initTireSizes.do?

And they happened to be considerably cheaper than anywhere else I looked including Walmart and Tirerack.com, who are usually tough to beat. I got the stock replacement size, 265/65/R18, Nitto Terra Grappler G2s for $166.03 each for a total of $664.12. FREE SHIPPING to my door.

Amazon was $179.50 each ($718 for 4) FREE SHIPPING
Walmart was $232.85 each ($931.40 for 4) FREE SHIPPING
BBWheelsOnline was $177.99 each (711.96 for 4) FREE SHIPPING
Summitracing was $282.97 each ($1,131.88 for 4) FREE SHIPPING
Tires-Easy.com was $165.42 each ($661.68 for 4) shipping $120.62
NTWonline.com was $201.33 each ($805.32 for 4)
Tirerack.com didn’t carry the Nittos.
TireWarehouse.net didn’t carry the Nittos.

So, don’t be afraid to check multiple sources online when shopping for tires. I usually go straight away with tirerack.com, but I only ventured around the internet because of the lack of them carrying the brand I wanted.

Last set I purchased I found cheaper at Treadquaters. They beat every online price I found. But I do agree, a little online effort will save you a lot on new tires.

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

Out of curiosity, how much mounted, balanced, etc at one of the local tire stores?

23, pm sent.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I just spend the extra $100 on a set of tires and support a local business that supports me also.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

$100 wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

$400 does.

You wouldn’t order bottle service at Club Trio either I bet.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

I follow Peepod around; he gets the best delivered all the time on the house…

I have tried to buy online the last 3 sets I have bought but, once I factored in shipping and paying someone else to mount/balance, and that my local shop throws in free flat repairs and lifetime rotating/balancing, the savings was minimal. Obviously it depends upon what tire you’re buying bu what I bought I was better off buying local. Glad you found what you needed cheaper. Don’t let Fritz hurt your feelings.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

He’ll be regretting those cheap tires soon enough!:wink:

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Up yours

Bought tires from Discount Tires & they beat every website & store sites price by a decent margin. Took the tires to tread quarters & had them mounted & balanced for $20 a tire.

21 Contender

23 - you may not be comparing apples to apples here Netto makes 2 different grade of terra grapplers G2 in the same size one is an SL 4 ply tire( the one you are looking at) and the other is an E1 10 ply. ( the one Wal-Mart sells) I have the same tire and love them but in a 285/70/17 it’s amazing how little lead it takes to balance them I was coming from BFG -AT but would never go back.

Sabalo 21 150 Yamaha

Key West Stealth 150 V-max (SOLD)