Cable and Internet Providers

Our promotional deal just ended with ATT and the bill has gone back up. We really only use HBO so we can have access to HBOGO and rarely watch any of the other channels. Was hoping to see what others are doing for cable and internet. We don’t feel like paying $91 a month for basic cable, HBO, and internet!! So if you have any recommendations let me know!!

I’m ready to get away from AT&T too…service is good, but the price is going up.

Go get a jailbroken Amazon ■■■■■■■■■…haven’t turned on our DirectTV boxes in 2 weeks or so.

Only downside is you have to have one for every TV!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Tell me more please…$40 on Amazon. Do I just need the internet connection and that’s it?

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

Go get a jailbroken Amazon ■■■■■■■■■…haven’t turned on our DirectTV boxes in 2 weeks or so.

Wadmalaw native

My niece did this a couple months ago and loves it, we are thinking of doing the same and ditching DirecTV.

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

…the harbor was slick as an eel pecker.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Tell me more please…$40 on Amazon. Do I just need the internet connection and that’s it?

From what i understand talking to my niece (I have not been over there to see the process) each jailbroken stick will begin archiving live TV to be replayed in an on-demand format. You can search by show, channel, etc. Also, she said there were dedicated local channels such as Clemson/Carolina “channels” with news, replayed games etc…

You need a stick for every TV and WiFi to handle the traffic. No logins for ESPN, Sling, Hulu etc…

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

…the harbor was slick as an eel pecker.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/08/technology/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-dom

Interesting read.

quote:
I'm ready to get away from AT&T too.....service is good, but the price is going up.

color me speechless

you throw $ around like Easy on a 3 day weekend, yet you’re tv costs too much.

Hater… Pfffft.

My dream is to tell Time Warner “See ya”. I have to call and fuss at them every year when my “promotional” rate goes up. While they do lower the price, I should not have to do this every year. Personally, if it wasn’t for football season, I could just about do away with TV. 100’s of channels with little to nothing to watch.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:

Wadmalaw native

I purchased one a few weeks ago…and keep having ‘buffering’ problems. I haven’t been able to watch a movie yet. Any recommendations? We have the fastest Comcast internet service that they provide and their wireless router.

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

Key West 1720

I have been using a combination of sling with a digital antena and while it’s not perfect we get virtually everything that my wife and I watched on dish for roughly $40 a month(still have to pay for internet which we already had).

I am thinking we may go with the jailbroken fire stick. From what I am reading you still need to pay for subscriptions to certain things like Netflix, Hulu, etc if you want to see most of your more popular movies and shows if you have just the normal ■■■■■■■■■. How is the picture with the fire stick?

quote:
Originally posted by fishcrazy

I am thinking we may go with the jailbroken fire stick. From what I am reading you still need to pay for subscriptions to certain things like Netflix, Hulu, etc if you want to see most of your more popular movies and shows if you have just the normal ■■■■■■■■■. How is the picture with the fire stick?

I just watched the first two episodes of Stranger Things, a Netflix series…on my ■■■■■■■■■.

Wadmalaw native

quote:
Originally posted by STFulton1
quote:

Wadmalaw native

I purchased one a few weeks ago…and keep having ‘buffering’ problems. I haven’t been able to watch a movie yet. Any recommendations? We have the fastest Comcast internet service that they provide and their wireless router.

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty

Key West 1720

I’m no IT guy, but I have the crappiest AT&T internet and never have an issue, even with the kid watching netflix in the bedroom at the same time…

Wadmalaw native

quote:
Originally posted by STFulton1
quote:

Wadmalaw native

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty

Key West 1720

This should help solve your buffering problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EkxhOuzymU

Also the box is better than the stick, better hardware and it’s also better to have a direct connection to your internet.

Another issue with XBMC/Kodi is that after a while you will need to update the box with the newest version of Kodi. If you don’t have Exodus as an Add-on, get it. Also, it’s not a jailbroken device, the ■■■■■■■■■ runs off of an Android Operating System and it’s just sideloading an app from your laptop/Android Phone.

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke

bump for cord cutting