Camping spots..,

I want to take my boys tent camping within the next few weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations for some lakeside (Marion,Moultrie, Murray)sites?

Always took my boys to chimney island on the lake or float down from wilson’s.Make sure to bring some trot lines and a .22 to keep them occupied while the grownups play cards.

KOA or Pollys on Lake Marion where I-95 crosses the lake…

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Calhoun Falls is a little farther and a lot less crowded

Billy Dreher State Park on Lake Murray is a fantastic place for camping,fishing, hiking, swimming, biking and boating…

Fishing is a prefectible art…in which nevertheless, no man is perfect – Gifford Pinchot

Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200
“Kemosabe”
<’}}}><

Dreher is great.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Are you looking for a place like Dreher, or an island you can take the boat out to?

Murray is loaded with islands that people camp on.

The Congaree river has places up and down that are good campsites. Put the boat in at Low Falls or Packs and head up river. You won’t have to worry about neighbors. Also the islands in Lake Marion are good camping. Persanti island has quite a few good campsites and the shellcracker fishing is about to heat up this month.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Thanks for all the input. Unfortunately I just sold the boat so islands are out. I’m looking for a place that has campsites that are lakeside. I’ll be checking out the places that were recommended.

Lake greenwood state park

Tall Sail Marine