Cancer pill approval- Penny attention

My cancer has come back and I started chemo 2 weeks ago . However I was told yesterday at VA that I needed this new pill but it has to be approved . Chemo wont help very much but I will continue this Monday for 5 days again till the pill is approved . Penny I was wondering if you knew who had to approve it. Wife thinks it wont be because I am 72 years old .

Thanks for any info I can get from y’all .

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

Praying for you Bill.

‘87 Pacemaker 31’ SF
‘04 Renegade 29’ 2 225’s
‘97 Maycraft 17’ 40 hp

Do you know what pill it is? I’m a leukemia survivor and had a bone marrow transplant the second go around. I had to do chemo and take pills. I hope everything goes well and you get what you need.

Good luck and God Bless.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

My wife suggests you get over the MUSC Hollings Cancer Center ASAP.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Crazy add in, but over a rainy sunday watched some show about a chemical in weed. Cannabis and Cannabinoids… CBD not thc has had positive results in reducing blood flow to cancer cells among other things.

Google it. Ton’s of info, just not being released through main stream avenues.

APOB, prayers with you and I hope you the best. Remember all medicines are based on natural elements and then synthesized to be produced mass scale to make a profit.

quote:
Originally posted by claim

My wife suggests you get over the MUSC Hollings Cancer Center ASAP.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

If he’s going to Ralph Johnson VAMC then MUSC fellows and attendings support the RJVAMC, unless that policy has changed recently.

APOB, can you name the pill in question?

My thanks and respect for your service to our country. I pray you receive the assistance you need.

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

I dont know the name . I have a mass of enlarged lymph nodes that is 21 cm long and close to my liver , possibly kidneys . Pill is suppose to break up this mass and send through body . Please excuse my spelling - Non-Hodgkins lymphoma and CLL in bone marrow , caused by Agentr Orange . Apparently it has gone to far for the chemo to do much good . Head Dr asked me if I wanted to spell some money so pill must be quite expensive .
In remission for almost 12 years but this has been hiding behind my weight . Didnt appear till I lost weight . I went in hospital thinking it was gall ston es with bad stlomach ache .Then fluid was withdrawn the color of Pepto Bismol but not very much .My stomach isd very swollen now, waist size has increased and I have gained 17 pounds since 2 weeks ago this coming Monday .
Thanks for all the concerns aand prayers . Va does work with MUSC .
Sorry for the lenghht but I thought it might help someone on here to know what I am talking about .

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

Dang, man, I really hate to hear that. You are in good hands as those guys are the best SC. My prayers and support are with you and yours.

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

Drum reaper is right…musc and the v.v. Work closely together. I don’t know why you think you are too old…as long as you have breath and breathing…you are not too old. I know of several residents who are receiving oral chemo treatments . Do not take one persons word for anything . Question question question…and demand care. There are a lot of research programs also that help with costs and such…but as a veteran there are avenues you can pursue. Do you have a case worker assigned to you? Drum reaper might know people you can contact too. If I can do anything at all to help…please let me know. I would need to know what medicine they are talking about to see if I have heard of it. My prayers are with you…prayers to give you strength in your fight…and comfort in knowing you have so many friends who care about you. Let me know if I can do anything…big hug sent your way…keep your shoulders back and chin up… Big hug…penn

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Good luck to you, Sir. Will say a prayer for you. FIGHT !

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

Penny the name is Ibrutinib . After checking the internet it seems like it will help me Nurse at chemo treatment today told me I might need a blood transfusion . However it is measured , my number is 7.9 . I told her I dont feel bad at all . I didnt ask how I coukld get it looking better .

Bill
I dont have a boat but
I love to fish

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

Well it looks like I dont need a blood transfusion my numbvers have inproved to 8.2 . Also found out that the pill has been approved. However I dont know when I will start taking it .

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

wonderful! keeping you in my prayers…keep the faith and know you have many friends pulling and praying for you. big huggs!

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

APOB, also ask your docs and MUSC if there are any new drug trials, studies you can get accepted in. You gain access to a new drug that might work and it won’t cost you much, if anything.

“Don’t tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don’t tell them where they know the fish.” Mark Twain

Hang in there, APOB. Prayer lifted…

I saw my cancer DR. yesterday and I start taking the pill on Saturday . She told my wife and I that she had to fight hard to get it approved and now a lot of people are mad with her .She called it a miracle pill that cost thousands and thousands of dollars . This is probably why no one wanted to approve it .I will see her again next Wednesday and probably every week , until thinghs approve . Also told me that my stomach would start to shrink which I was happy about . I been big all my life but never like this , now I dont have to buy bigger pants because I gave all of them away .

I want to thank everyone for your prayers and concerns. I have always said that this was a very nice bunch of folks that will help each other out in time of needs .

May God bless you all
He has already blessed me in many ways .

Bill

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

Higgs sent…a nd prayers said daily…

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Prayers sent. Hang in there.