Cancun/Isla Mujeres - June

I will be in the area in early June and am interested in squeezing a charter of some sort in. Was curious if anyone has experience with any down that way? Indifferent whether inshore or offshore. However, I think sailfish bite is good in June.

Thanks

I fished out of puertos Aventuras 2 years ago over Father’s Day. We caught a sail and two white Marlin on a half day trip. Fished with Capt Ricks that’s a little south of Isla. I’ve heard great things about Fishing with Roberto Navarro in Playa del Carmen. I’m heading down to the same spot in April and am fishing with CaptRick again. Will post report.

Don’t know about the fishing. I imagine it’s good because we saw some enormous bottom fish, but I can say that island is fabulous. Prettiest beach on Earth at the North end. Hell…I may go back this summer.

Just go hangout at the swing bar all day.

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke

Stay on the North end of the island. Isla isn’t far from Cancun but it feels like a world away.
Sailfish bite is amazing there. We had sails jumping up and grabbing baits out of the water hanging from outriggers.
Also if you get a chance swim with the whale sharks or jump in with the sails on baitballs.
https://youtu.be/eHT2BxiNoQw

Rob Harding
236 Sailfish 250 4s Yam
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hope4cameron/
(Fish not Biting? Try a fast presentation of spring steel)</font id=“green”>

A bit of a drive but the Bone/Tarpon/ Permit fly fishing down in Punta Allen is excellent. Just a bit south of Tulum. Very nice!Ive never done very well out of Playa itself but we haven’t been during the right seasons.

All I will say is that place gets Mama in the right mood…ha ha…

quote:
Originally posted by Lowcountry Red

I will be in the area in early June and am interested in squeezing a charter of some sort in. Was curious if anyone has experience with any down that way? Indifferent whether inshore or offshore. However, I think sailfish bite is good in June.

Thanks

Sailfish bite was strong a mile or so off Puerto Aventuras when I was there in June a few years ago. I love the nearshore offshore fishing down there. Enjoy.