Capt Fritz

quote:
Originally posted by Smily

So when it is skinned or prepared with the bloodline and the stringy outer binding, (stringy stuff on the skin side of the filet that is left when peeling the fish), do you still eat the white meat and if yes, does the stringy stuff become palatble or do you just "scrape the good stuff off and leave the stringy stuff? The same question for the filet with the skin left on.

When you say fed it to the cat, do you mean just the bloodline after it is cooked or do you mean the whole filet?

Just trying to see if there is an easier way to prepare the meat than going through all of the trouble to get the bloodline, and the skin out of the meat while dressing the fish.
I peeles one filet one time and decided right then, I did not want that stringy stuff on my filets but I did not try cooking the filet with the stringy stuff still on the filet.

When I dress or clean the fish, I cut each filet in half, down the bloodline, and remove the bloodline. this leaves me with smaller filets .
Update: Did some research. It seems that the peel method is quite common if not the most used method but found this on THT

http://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-forum/96898-cleaning-mahi.html

Fishing on the bottom is like having sex with the lights turned off. It feels good… but I wanna see it.
Lights On!

2002 Sea Hunt Triton 210
150 Yammy SS II

You sound like a perfectionist. Just cook it, and don’t eat the dark “stuff”, it’s not as good as the white stuff.

Freshwater is for drinking.