Car Cell Phone Holder (Mount)??

One of my sons wants a cell phone holder to put in his car. I have decided on one that mounts in the CD slot because the CD holds 6 discs so he won’t be taking CDs in and out and I’m not even sure he uses it all that much. What I am torn about is whether to get one that holds the phone in a cradle (clamps) or the magnetic kind. His phone has a case on it so I am concerned the magnetic kind may not be strong enough. Any first hand experience with a specific mount or with the magnetic kind of holder?

Magnet 100%. You stick a metal disk on the back of your phone and put the magnets anywhere you want to stick a phone. I have a magnet in my truck, and several on the sportsman and the whaler. Best thing ever. Don’t mess with the CD slot just find a flat-ish surface near where you want to put the phone and stick it on. I don’t recommend the ball ones unless you have a big surface area to stick them on. If you want to move it, just separate the sticky surface with some fish line and peel the old material off. Those rare-earth magnets are plenty strong BTW

1966 13’ Boston Whaler “Flatty”
2018 Sportsman Masters 207
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

After doing a little research, it appears that the quality phone mounts use those super strong rare earth magnets so they look pretty good. Found a 2-pack by Scosche that I think I’ll try.

Thanks Dave!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Magnet CD slot mount for me. I put the metal piece between the silicon and the plastic of my otterbox and it holds my iPhone XS fine. Sometimes bumpy roads will vibrate it down a bit, but no worries.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Just got one in the mail. The magnet seems pretty dang strong.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

After doing a little research, it appears that the quality phone mounts use those super strong rare earth magnets so they look pretty good. Found a 2-pack by Scosche that I think I’ll try.

Thanks Dave!

I've got 2 of those for the boat. They work great and for the price I don't think you will find much better.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Good to know, thanks Fritz.

Duck Tape

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

quote:
Duck Tape

That’s our fall back plan.