Car Dealer Question

I bought a 2015 Silverado a few months ago and have had quite a few random problems with it some recall related and some not but i am not happy with it…Starting with the fact about a month after owning it i noticed it did not have the wheels i specifically wanted and paid for that were on the vehicle for the pictures and the build paperwork. I drove to Greenville NC from Charleston to get it so when i got there i just didnt even think about it just ready to get my truck and go. Is it possible to get them to give the correct rims that i paid for at this point?? Ive never heard of a dealer switching things out like that. Kinda upsetting and i hate to think i am paying for something i didnt get on a vehicle that i am already unhappy with

If you ordered them and it is on a form, I would think you have legal standing, but it’s going to be tough convincing someone they matter that much if you didn’t notice for a month. I would start with deleting this post and go from there. If you chose to delete, I will also.

I’m sorry, but it took you a month to realize the wheels weren’t the right ones?

Go see the dealer and give them a chance to make it right.

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by SCOOBIE

I’m sorry, but it took you a month to realize the wheels weren’t the right ones?

kind of thinking the same thing… :face_with_head_bandage:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by SCOOBIE

kind of thinking the same thing… :face_with_head_bandage:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Well, his moniker is allhungup, reckon he got snagged again. Might be time to cut line and re-rig…

RBF

Get what you paid for or get the cash.

Pioneer 197SF

quote:
Originally posted by allhungup

I bought a 2015 Silverado a few months ago and have had quite a few random problems with it some recall related and some not but i am not happy with it…Starting with the fact about a month after owning it i noticed it did not have the wheels i specifically wanted and paid for that were on the vehicle for the pictures and the build paperwork. I drove to Greenville NC from Charleston to get it so when i got there i just didnt even think about it just ready to get my truck and go. Is it possible to get them to give the correct rims that i paid for at this point?? Ive never heard of a dealer switching things out like that. Kinda upsetting and i hate to think i am paying for something i didnt get on a vehicle that i am already unhappy with

Why in holy hell did you buy a vehicle from a dealer in Greenville, NC and drive all the way there from ChuckTown…?

This may be the best troll ever, cause someone that makes those types of decision shouldn’t be driving anywhere.

RBF

Do you still have your Monroney label? Big white sticker that was in the window. If your rims are not listed on that label you did not pay for them. I still don’t know how the hell you go a whole month and not noticed that you have the wrong rims. And why would you drive to North Carolina to purchase a truck?

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Move on, life lesson to not be hasty. It’s not worth the hassle, and drive back to NC just for the difference in rims. Can’t be more than $500-$800 difference. Wouldn’t be worth it to me.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Was 3k cheaper and is why I drove that and in my budget is worth my time. They were willing to work so I was also. And who the heck knows why I didn’t notice the rims are the same size and similar… Sometimes things just work out that way. I just want to make sure I go abroad it handelimg it the right way. I have the build papers from my truck and the Window sticker showing my truck comes with spoked wheels I wanted

I have heard quite a few buddies/co-workers claim they saved thousands on vehicles, jet skis, motorcycles and boats by going to North Carolina. Not sure how? I know a guy I work with bought a new Chevy 2500HD from North Carolina. He said it was $3600 cheaper than the lowest offer he was given around Charleston.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

I looked thru the whole state. The different dealerships get different incentives i think

quote:
Originally posted by allhungup

I looked thru the whole state. The different dealerships get different incentives i think

Not true, if it was the dealers could not dealer trade between different states. And I used to dealer trade between three or four different states when I sold cars. You just found a dealer that was willing to get into “dealer cash” that the local dealers didn’t want to give up. A trade-in will also make a huge difference.

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

I’m don’t understand why y’all are bustin’ his ball$ so badly? He’s asking for legal advice, not opinions. Contribute something useful, or carry on.

Like Ricky said, give the dealership the opportunity to rectify the situation. If they renege on y’all’s agreement, decide whether or not it’s worth it for you to go to court and potentially spend thousands of dollars to recoup a benefit worth a few hundred dollars.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”