Carolina skiff j16

i don’t want to talk to people at the gas station. or anywhere else for that matter.

i don’t trust people who are awake at 5 am. myself included

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Redfisher, I ment to mention that I catch shad in mine for live bait and load it with a 50 gal and 2 30 gal bait tanks, 4 batterys, 6 gal gas, a 25 hp motor, !/2 dozen castnets and 2 people and don’t feel overloaded!

I do the same. I put a 100gallon tank with four batteries and two people. Plus gear and motor. That boat is basically a floating truck bed. Rides like it too but it’s not my first skiff and will most likely always own one.

PK’ the old whalers are bullet proof, even with out the beat care they will last 50 plus years! Regarding Carolina skiffs, I once saw a 25’ flat bottom in Costa Rica chartering for sails and he was doing well!

I’m really hesitant to respond. Bashing a mans bioat is like calling his kids ugly
I owned a couple of whalers. I also owned an MG. I like to think I am wiser for the experiences

I have a 198DLV and it’s the last boat I’m gonna need for a while. My weak old f150 can pull it fine, plenty of room for people (not so much storage like mentioned above) and can run around a whole weekend on 30 gallons of fuel.

I think you’d be better off with at least an 18’ with a little more motor. I have the Suzuki DF90 and wish I had the 110.

Have had 7 people (5 were smaller females) and loaded cooler and did fine. The 90 struggled a little to get on plane but eventually smoothed out.

Also like other people said, anything over a chop and your teeth will rattle. Just gotta trim it right and slow down.

I’ve had a 14, 16, 19, and a 24 Carolina skiff… Love them all. the 14 was the best gigging boat I’ve ever owned. The 24 is a battlewagon for commercial oystering, cat fishing or anything else that I want to do with it. They are cheap, easy to repair, and don’t sink. They do ride wet and will beat your fillings out. But I love them

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

not true. i have a few fillings left.

chiropractors endose these 4:1 over vhulls

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

there are a few listed on craigslist in Columbia,but there are many more listed in the Charlotte area if you want to check them out.

Stinger 160cc 50 Yamaha

I’ve got a j16 with a evinrude 40 tiller that maybe up for sale, haven’t made up my mind yet.

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

My dad is planning to sell his 16. I think it is the DLX version, probably 4 years old and Suzuki 60 under warranty

Spartanburg/Edisto
Sea Hunt 27 “Saltwater Gospel”
Bomb Island 16 “Hookin’ Heels”

quote:
Originally posted by izzydone

I’ve got a j16 with a evinrude 40 tiller that maybe up for sale, haven’t made up my mind yet.

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

hit me up if you decide to -

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-carolina-skiff-1765dlx-103143914
I would be surprised if it even has 25 hours on the engine

Spartanburg/Edisto
Sea Hunt 27 “Saltwater Gospel”
Bomb Island 16 “Hookin’ Heels”

Just saw this flipping thru craigslist.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/d/2012-carolina-skiff-j16-cc/6296579933.html