carolinacoot has moved on to a better fishing hole

All,

It is with great sadness, that I inform you that the man you all knew as carolinacoot, has passed away. Some knew him as Bill O’Brien. I knew him, simply, as dad.

Being a part of the CharlestonFishing forum was something he enjoyed quite a bit…almost as much as catching fish. He’d come to know many of you on and off the website and often talked of the conversations that were held and times that were had. Our family would like to extend a warm thank you to anyone that he may have considered a friend over the years. Your friendship to our dad means the world to us. Dad had just finished outfitting a 12’ aluminum boat with a 4hp Yamaha and was planning to hit the creeks hard this year.

Services are being held at Carolina Memorial on Rivers Avenue in the late afternoon of June 18th. Exact timing is to be determined. A quiet graveside service will follow at Riverview Memorial Cemetery on Azalea Avenue. All are welcome to attend any portion of the services that they wish.

I have to admit that I’ve never posted on this fine site before, and may not have put this in the proper location. If you know of a better forum to post this or a better way to disseminate the information, please do.

Best Regards,
Billy O’Brien, Jr.
843-214-4603

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Wow. He had a rough time of late it seemed. May he RIP and you and the family find peace.

Condolences to you and your family. I know you guys have went through a whole lot lately.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Sorry to hear that,seemed like a swell guy,very down to earth…He’ll be missed around here.

So sorry to hear this. Thank you for letting us all know. Prayers to you and your family. CFC lost a great member.

RIP Coot you will be missed here on CFC , prayers for the family and look to meet the man i’ve chatted with several times on the other side…

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Billy - Sorry to hear this but thanks for letting us know.

I never actually met him but shared a series of private messages with him in March when Tammy was in the ICU. I know a special nurse there and that gave him some extra support.

Later in March we talked about 380’s for concealed carry and he shared how much he enjoyed spending the day with you and going to DNR to do some paperwork. It was good that you were there to support him.

Remember the good times.

Pioneer 197SF

I am saddened to hear this as well. I met your dad at our oyster roast a couple of years ago. I always enjoyed reading his post and knew he had a really hard year losing your mom. He will certainly be missed around here. Thanks for letting us all know. Prayers and condolences to you and your family.

Billy Jr, I also met your mom and dad at a few of our oyster roasts out at the James Island County Park. They were typically some of the first people to show up and would help with whatever needed doing and would sure try to meet everybody who came. Very sorry for the losses you and your family have gone through lately. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
Carl Hitchcock

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Condolences to you and your family on your loss.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Prayers go out to you, it’s hard to loose both mom and dad in the same year!

So sorry man. I know that pain and feel for you. Bill was the first person to send me a PM on this site a LONG time ago when I finally got a boat big enough to get to the jetties. I remembered that today b/c not many people offer specific advice that was actually helpful. Wish I could have met him in person.

Seah Hunt Ultra 234 Yamaha F250
Sea Pro 190CC Yamaha F150 (sold)

I’m so sorry to hear about he loss of your father. We shared a few PM’s over the years and met at a couple of the oyster roasts,he seemed like a really good guy. I always enjoyed his posts and will miss not seeing him here. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Now he and Cracker Larry can see each other every day. RIP Carolina Coot.

Don’t forget Norm “Easy”.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Billy, I was deleting some of my pm’s and found some correspondence with your dad over some old battle ground routes. Gave him a few areas and he passed on some to me. Did the Catholic Hill area do any good on finding anything? Hope you are doing Ok, sure wish I could have met him.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. This news makes me so very sad as we corresponded often and he was a good friend. He always found something to say to make me laugh.
I am so sad for the great loss that has come to your family. Hold tight to your memories and know others are keeping you in our prayers. I will miss my friend.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Just talk to him about a week ago. Sounds like he was doing pretty good. I’m going to miss him

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”