Cast iron cooking

I’ve never pan-cooked pork chops for steak before. I watch a lot of chef Ramsay’s videos. I seen him do some pork chops.They looked good so I figured I’d give it a whirl.

They come out so good. The following night I did a couple cheap New York strips. Oh and they were so good.

The pictures do not do them justice.
And did these on the grill the other night bacon wraped stuffed hamburgers.
Probably took a couple years off my life but man they were good.

Forgot to take an after picture.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

Aside from a deep fried chop about 1/4"-3/8" thick that you can eat like a meat cookie, pan fried is my fave! Looks good but I probably need to taste it myself to make sure it’s ok to eat and all:slightly_smiling_face:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

I’ll show you an after picture. I’m doing two of those fillets in the very near future after seeing those pics today!

Dang those look good!

Using oil or butter in the pan? Any secret spice? Looks great

01 Scout 177 w/ 150 hpdi

Couple tablespoons of olive oil. For the seer. Then I turn the heat down a little add couple chunks of butter. A fresh rosemary twig under each piece of meat. Just salt & pepper for seasoning.

22 life’s a day

Fred gonna have a heart attack looking at that picture.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Might have to try this. But we’ll have to incorporate bacon.

22 life’s a day

I missed this thread! MMMM you can’t go wrong with a good pork chop. Our local IGA will cut a boston butt for me into 1/2" steaks. I like those better than the loin chops. Like you said some salt and pepper. I also like the Grill Mates Zesty Herb marinade on them.

I was probably in my Teens before I knew about a BBQ grill and charcoal. Everything was done on Cast Iron. My grandmas House always smelled like food. I came from a family that Eating was about as important as breathing. Almost still is, both sides. Wonder I’m not Fat as Sumo wrestler. Been a struggle in my adult life to cut back on eating.

I didn’t know fish could be fried in anything else til I was grown.

I think Kenny forgot about us…

22 life’s a day

OTC, last 3 ribeyes were in the cast iron. Awesome!

Also, gotta try the baked tater like that soon!!

BTW, Pork Chops always seem to come out kinda tough. Best fried, but like Fred, Don’t need to be eaten’ em like that…

Thanks man!

NN

Posting while drinking

My Grandmother had a huge cast iron frying pan that fried breamzizes, the best I ever had. She was the best cook I ever seen…

My Grandfather burned up the kitchen with it while we were in “town”.

OTC, the taters look good…I’ll be doing some.

OT/
Fred…when I’m sitting in a nursing home with somebody telling me to eat my oatmeal…I won’t be regretting not eating a big fat fried pork chop.
Never pass up a fried pork chop unless you can’t chew it.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

:joy::joy::joy::joy: I sure did!

But that potato! That looks fantastic.
Would a person eat that with ketchup or sour cream and chives?

Kenny do you put ketchup on your scrambled eggs?

I see my neighbors Peking their nose around the corner. grill that’s been used once and 10 years till I come up here.

I

22 life’s a day

Beer butt chickens this past weekend. Covered the necks in bacon and injected with creel butter.

I’m not much of a chicken eater. But that looks amazing.
You can call me anything you want but don’t call me late for dinner.

22 life’s a day