Catch of the day

When to Church this morning with my favorite fishing buddy. The change from 100 degrees felt like a hint of fall. Checked the weather on the way home NE 15 -25. Sounded like some back creek fishing for sure. Two cast and got 20 # of 3 inch pogies and 20 mullet. Hit some spots along the main river. Small flounders and a trout. While my buddy put two keepers in the cooler. Pulled into the creek and got one small red and more short flounders. Slid up my favorite creek and slam time 8 reds in the slot. Kept our 6 and started slow trolling down the creek for a door mat. 10 foot wide creek and 4 foot of water I snag on a stump. Turn the boat around and went to retrieve my hook and it starts to swim away with an attitude. After a 15 minute fight it sticks itself to the bottom. Must be a 10 pound flounder I am thinking as I hold the spool and lift with all the back bone of the rod. O crap, grab the camera a 5 foot gater ate a 3inch pogie.
I Popped him on the nose with the rod tip and he opened his mouth hook popped out. Did I catch him or did he catch me! LOL

“If we ever forget that we’re
one nation under God,
we will be a nation gone under.” - Ronald Reagan

Excellent report, catch of the day indeed!

Good job on not getting spooled! :smiley:

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Slept in today after a long work week but was rolling to the gas station by 9. Bait was plentiful and it was off to the first spot. Slam a 3 spotted red and a nice flounder for my bride. Then up the creek we go.
Two more puppy reds and then she shouts flounder on. I grab the net and scoop up a keeper when I feel and thunderous thump. flounder in one hand & fish on in the other, and it is another day maker. Home by 2 with lots of filets for the Cajon and rice!

Thank god for this awesome place to live!:sunglasses:

one nation under God,

quote:
Originally posted by hydrotherapy

Thank god for this awesome place to live!:sunglasses:

one nation under God,

You said it. Doesn’t get much better than that!

16’ High Tide Flats (Green) w/Yamaha 90
Wilderness Ride 135
Wilderness Tarpon 120