CATFISH- hear me out

quote:
That's the epitome of a young southern gentleman... never forget the girl's breakfast.

Ain’t it though :smiley: Young being the key word I think. My daughter-in-law gets up at 0400 every morning for work, and my son gets up and cooks her breakfast every morning [:0]

He didn’t learn that from me [:I]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

I rode all the way from NorthEast Cola with a best buddy of mine on junior year prom night at 2AM after the girls went to sleep in the hotel room. Went to the ole Wateree homestead and found some steaks in the freezer my Dad had bought from Omaha steaks. Thawed a few out and sliced one up for catfish bait… Mixed a few Jack Daniel margaritas and decided the fillet mignon would be better to eat than what we might catch.

My buddy was right, grilled them up about 4-5 AM and ate, drank more make-shift JD Margs, and hit the road back to pick up the girls with BoJangles gravy biscuits, steak biscuits, and sweet Ice Tea.

We told them it sure was a long ride to get them breakfast…

They were happy and gave us a double…

Autopenned: RBF

That’s the epitome of a young southern gentleman… never forget the girl’s breakfast.

I’ve pulled fresh shrimp out the freezer for catfish and spot tail, but never would I waste a steak on one…

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

OK, FD67… You have only got half the story…

My date was a friend of a girl pal that went to our HS and moved somewhere in lower GA, I believe it was around the Tifton area.

Girl Pal came back for the prom for my buddy because they were in a long distance relationship. She brought her new friend… Hence the prom night…

The reason I bought and brought breakfast for everyone was because I was ready to get the heck outta there… Come to find out on t

Gotta watch out for the PKs.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

Gotta watch out for the PKs.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

Dang right…

Been an ardent supporter of the 2nd Ammendment ever since…

I gotta lotta tracks to cover up…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Sorry guys, I already eat: hogfish, yellowfin tuna, wahoo, grouper, red snapper (oops), vermilion snapper, BSB, dolphin, cobia, halibut, and probably a couple more. As you can see, there just isn’t any room for catfish in my top 10 list…

New money, sheesh

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:

Sorry guys, I already eat: hogfish, yellowfin tuna, wahoo, grouper, red snapper (oops), vermilion snapper, BSB, dolphin, cobia, halibut, and probably a couple more. As you can see, there just isn’t any room for catfish in my top 10 list…

New money, sheesh

Can’t hide it…

quote:
Originally posted by gail wins

Salt and peppered fried to me are the best , only problem for me
is if I clean them from some of the waters around here i’ll have problem eating them ;“wormy” to point of playing on imagination!!:frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

gail, i have caught and eaten catfish from every river and tributary in the ACE basin + more local ponds and pretty much every major lake in our State and I have never had the misfortuen of butchering a “wormy” catfish. Amberjack and winter trout is another story.

Even some monster blues and flat heads I keep the belly meat and never seen a worm? where you getting the wormy catfish so I can stay away?

MHebbard, Glad you got a taste of some good prepared Catfish!! Next you need to have some Bream, then Red fin pike, then some Bass fingers, ohh don’t forget some Crappy fillets!! Here is the show stopper… Fresh fried Bow fin Bass (mud fish). I’d bet a dollar anyone that enjoys fish, I could prepare some that they would enjoy.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

fred; I’ve found them in some of the catches from the upper end of
wylie and wateree both , usually in the larger blues !!! Strange
thing is fish from lower ends don’t seem to be as bad , donno why!:question:

Tip! cut filets thin enough so that spot light will shine through,
if they are present you’ll see and can usually remove them

I try to inspect them reeeel close and also cook DONE… but imagination still runs wild sometimes

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Global Worming…

GW has anecdotal evidence Global Worming is true…

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:

New money, sheesh

Can’t hide it…

When you guys find some of it that belongs to me, please let me know!!! All the money that I get in my paycheck always seems to already belong to someone else!

I would never eat anything out of Wateree, YUCK!

quote:
Originally posted by gail wins

fred; I’ve found them in some of the catches from the upper end of
wylie and wateree both , usually in the larger blues !!! Strange
thing is fish from lower ends don’t seem to be as bad , donno why!:question:

Tip! cut filets thin enough so that spot light will shine through,
if they are present you’ll see and can usually remove them

I try to inspect them reeeel close and also cook DONE… but imagination still runs wild sometimes

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Anybody been in these parts long enough to remember the Edisto Restaurant? Used to have a line of people wrapped around it waiting for hours to eat all you can eat catfish. Was worth the wait. I think it closed in the mid 1980’s.

quote:
Originally posted by 13skulls

Anybody been in these parts long enough to remember the Edisto Restaurant? Used to have a line of people wrapped around it waiting for hours to eat all you can eat catfish. Was worth the wait. I think it closed in the mid 1980’s.

I remember it well and miss it!! All of their seafood was great! Had to show up 1.5 hours early to get seated in the first crowd.

Yep. You would show up with 5 or 6 friends and when you left had about 20 close acquaintances. They don’t make them like that anymore.

Throw in Crappie, Walleye, and rainbow trout which are great eating freshwater fish.