caught a couple

nice size shrimp in creek behind Morris the other weekend…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I’m starting to question all the negative reports and forecasts I’ve heard concerning the white shrimp population. I’ve been able to catch them in the same or better quantities in various locations than in previous years. Difference I’m noticing is that the shells all seem to be softer than usual?

Years ago an old shrimp boat captin told me that it takes only about a dozen shrimp to lay enough eggs to repopulate St Helena sound, I think he may have been right!

I’m gonna leave the professional input to Barbawang and his like, but my opinion is that the shrimp are basically having an all out orgy down there…those still alive are partying like its 1999 and will rebuild the population in plenty of time for this Fall’s baiting season (whites and browns)…

Shrimp orgy? You know Peapod ain’t letting this one slip by.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

The last time I remember the winter cold was said to kill off all the shrimp and the season was delayed and everyone was worried about shrimp season in the fall, it was the best fall shrimp season in a long time!

quote:
Originally posted by RWL

The last time I remember the winter cold was said to kill off all the shrimp and the season was delayed and everyone was worried about shrimp season in the fall, it was the best fall shrimp season in a long time!

THAT’S what I’m talking about…