Caught my first Trout OTF...

A buddy invited me out to go chase some troutsies with spinning gear last week. We caught quite a few plus a few slot reds when I finally broke out my flyrod to try my luck. I was lucky to find my first trout on the fly. Can’t wait to find a school when I have the flyrod with me…

I’m no superhero, but I do wear a cape sometimes…

Nice! The 2 I have caught were also about that size. Still fun, but I want to hook into a bigger one.

SeaPro 180CC

Dead drift a heavy clouser along your favorite trout haunt.

Congrats on the first! I was wondering if you still fished… lol

Pillage and plunder with a 9wt and a fist full of clousers.

quote:
Originally posted by jerms

Dead drift a heavy clouser along your favorite trout haunt.

Congrats on the first! I was wondering if you still fished… lol

Pillage and plunder with a 9wt and a fist full of clousers.

I can assure you sir that I have fished more in the last two months than you have!! Now get back home so we can go kill some stuff!!

I’m no superhero, but I do wear a cape sometimes…

your thumb is bigger than that grunt haha jk ricky

I’m so Charleston i got spanish moss on my balls!!

Congrats…you should check out the new edition of TIDELINE…whole cover story and some other articles inside are about trout and fly fishing this time of year! Stopped by Charleston Marine today and Hoppy was giving us a few tips and stories about fly fishing and such…maybe Santa will bring me a fly rod…:smiley:he was “close by” today when I said very loudly that I didnt have one…hmmmmm…but I did manage to get me a new updated chart while I was there despite donnie saying absolutely,positively no when i said I was going to get it:smiley:
Funny thing happened…we are out front looking at a boat for sale and theres a bucket of minnows sitting inside,took them in and asked if they come with the boat…they had been there for a couple days and were still alive!! Wonder if the owner caught anything??? lol

miss’n fish’n
212 SEAHUNT

I apologize for derailing but does anyone know where to get the metal beads that are at the front of this fly? I’ve looked all over… Thanks.

Alex V

If the CA in West Ashley doesn’t you’ll have to get them online… or you can use bead chain eyes or a cone weight or a split shot heated up and sealed aroud the hook or … well you get the Idea :wink: Half of my tying supplies I pick up at home depot, ac moore and wal mart… Be creative or you’ll go crazy. As good as the CA is they don’t have EVERYTHING for tying flies but 99% of the time if ya know what ya need they can order it for ya though :wink:

“Paddle faster boys… I hear banjo music!”
SC Chapter Coordinator- Heroes on the Water
http://www.HeroesOnTheWater.org
Charleston Director- SCKayakfishing.com
Tarpon 160os

ca in west ashley doesnt ever have **** for flies i dnt know if they sell out or just dnt care ca in mtp would be a better choice to get flies and material

I’ve looked around. Tried all sorts of stuff. Prob have a half dozen different cone heads and beads in the XL version thinking they might be bigger than the last purchase. Just thought someone might know…

Alex V

Very good Rick. Who is that in the background in the blue suit?

“Plan like you will live forever but live like you will die tomorrow.”

Da Moons… have you been to the Mt P CA?? I love those guys to death but they have crap there for tying, unless you need bucktail… and they know it… the WA Store has the best selction, although not very huge, they do have a better/bigger selection there than ANY store I know of in the CHS area… like I said if you don’t see it ask and I am sure they can get it for you… They do sell out a lot and they are trying, believe me, I am in there hounding them a lot. Still… they are better than any store I have ever found in charleston… I avoid buying stuff online and ask them if they can get it, they give me a call and I pick it up…

“Paddle faster boys… I hear banjo music!”
SC Chapter Coordinator- Heroes on the Water
http://www.HeroesOnTheWater.org
Charleston Director- SCKayakfishing.com
Tarpon 160os

anyone would know that that is gotchacovered…but who is the other one?

miss’n fish’n
212 SEAHUNT

Congrats! We need to take you docklight fishing next summer for troutsies. We have a system worked out where three of us can flyfish at the same time provided someone stands on the poling platform.

“The good fisherman is surprised when he doesn’t catch fish: I am just the other way around.”
Gene Hill, Passing a Good Time.

The other guy in the pic is me.

“Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It’s much more important than that!”

quote:
Originally posted by Da Moons

your thumb is bigger than that grunt haha jk ricky

i think both you and i have done worse pat. remember those massive perch? or maybe the king whiting?

ft worry.

quote:
Originally posted by Da Moons

ca in west ashley doesnt ever have **** for flies i dnt know if they sell out or just dnt care ca in mtp would be a better choice to get flies and material

“There is a strange sense of pleasure being beat to hell by a storm when you’re on a boat that is not going to sink.” JB