Cerakote Finishes

I’ve been looking at building an AR and am possibly interested in something other than a plain black finish. What can y’all tell me about Cerakote finishes? Is it durable, does it hold up, anything in particular I should know about care/maintenance?

Thanks.

Cerakote is awesome, but expensive, and should be done by a professional (certainly you CAN do it, if you have the equipment like spray booth and oven). It is durable, it does hold up well, and not really anything special about maintenance.

Duracoat is an option you can do yourself as it doesn’t require an oven, and comes in DIY kits, but it is not as durable.

KG Gunkote is another that requires baking, but is very durable and is the original.

Coastal Cerakote in Beaufort has done all of my cerakote work, and will continue to. They do a very nice job and a good price as well.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

I should have mentioned that I am looking at uppers/lowers that come from the manufacturer already Cerakoted. Specifically Aero Precision. Good to know about the place in Beaufort though.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Aero’s stuff is good to go.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

ADD much? Have you even bought a computer yet?

Karen will let you use her oven! Just make sure you turn the exhaust fan on, so you don’t smell up the kitchen!

quote:
ADD much? Have you even bought a computer yet?

Just for that, I’m going to leave you wondering. I’m still hurt you came to Columbia and didn’t call. You could have bought me lunch.

Norm, I can use the oven anytime I want. In fact, she’d prefer I use it rather than her.

I’m in columbia now. poor people don’t get to take 3 hour, 4 beer lunches like state employees.

I am sitting at my desk, eating a sandwich I made so there smarty! Could have actually gone to lunch today. Could actually use a beer or 4 right now.

You have your own desk:question: Dang, you must be impotent!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

You have your own desk:question: Dang, you must be impotent!

LOL

Coastal Cerakote did my 6.5 Creedmoor and did a great job.
Cerakote, Glass bedding and Micro Slick bolt: $250.00

I also have a window!

Thanks Buddy and others. Buying pieces as I come up with a little extra cash. Saw uppers and lowers at Aero I like and as I already have a complete Aero rifle, I know how well made their stuff is.