Charleston area flight schools

I am ready to pull the trigger on getting my private pilots license and wanted some input from people on here.

I was thinking of going to Johns Island just because of logistics but convenience is not always the best and this is not something I want to cheap out on. I have also heard of places that try and churn you for excessive hours to maximize profits.

My end goal is to have a Cessna 172 or Cherokee 180. I don’t need my instrument rating right away but I would like to get that as well. Thanks for any advise.

Try the Walterboro Airport,they may offer classses.

Double D.

I don’t know firsthand about the Charleston area, but it’s hard to go wrong with an official Cessna Pilot Center school to start with. In Savannah I would recommend Savannah Aviation, also a CPC, they got a lot of my money:smiley:

Google tells me that Coastal Aviation is a CPC in Charleston, Mt. Pleasant regional airport. Again, no personal direct recommendation for them, but the Cessna training centers are good.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Double D, that is a little far out of my way. I have to go to chs daily anyway, so I am looking for a place in that area.

Cracker, I know of the place and I will check it out. They do have all new planes which I like. I have 3 places I want to visit before I hand over 8k.

Going out tomorrow in my friends Baron. He has almost 4k hrs flying and has already taught me a great deal. Its a lot to deal with, the twin engines, props, and retractable gear but its fast and roomy. More than I would like right now. Plus the 24gph burn is expensive.

Hydra-Sports 22 Bay Sport
225 Rude