Charleston Auto Sales??

My son is looking for a used Subaru Outback and we found a dealer in Charleston that specializes in Subarus. It is Charleston Auto Sales on Ashley River Road. Does anyone know this dealership or has anyone had any dealings with them? Buying a used car makes me nervous and I’m just not a fan of car salesmen so, I’m looking for any info I can find.

My wife and I went there because she was thinking about a Subaru. As I understand it, pretty high resale value. Anyway, we had to make an appointment as it is a small shop. We ended up not getting a Subaru, but it wasn’t because of that place. The guy seemed knowledgeable, friendly, non-pressuring, and I didn’t get some sketchy or shady vibe from him. In other words, I didn’t feel like I needed a shower after taking with him. Some of those other used car places, not so much…

Narcosis

This isn’t Australia. You don’t need a Subaru. I don’t care what anyone says about these cars, they suck big giant hairy donkey balls. They are eco-friendly, so they are built with crap that just fades away. Everything feels cheap. My wife bought a brand new Outback right before our daughter was born. It was under powered, uncomfortable, and just a big pile of garbage. I know they have a cult following, but so does Hillary and Bernie. Those are the same morons that drive Subaru. The service department at Crews was the worst too.

quote:
Originally posted by Half-hitched

This isn’t Australia. You don’t need a Subaru. I don’t care what anyone says about these cars, they suck big giant hairy donkey balls. They are eco-friendly, so they are built with crap that just fades away. Everything feels cheap. My wife bought a brand new Outback right before our daughter was born. It was under powered, uncomfortable, and just a big pile of garbage. I know they have a cult following, but so does Hillary and Bernie. Those are the same morons that drive Subaru. The service department at Crews was the worst too.

Don't hold anything back here... Let it flow...

I agree that you get what you pay for, but for a solid/safe car to put a lot of miles on for work, or for a teenager they are great. I just bought a new one, and as far as power goes, the 3.6L is (**() fast. I knew the service would suck at the dealership, and the inside would not be built as nice as my Lexus, but you know what, it cost $20k less than a comparable sized Lexus and I got .9% financing. I put 30k miles a year on a car, and needed something that I can give my 16yo in a few years, so I opted for one. Just be careful as some of the 4 cyl. engines have leaky oil problems.

I joke with my family that my cars nickname is the “S&*ty Subaru”, but I really love the thing.

The first 4k miles the seat started squeaking with any car movement. Gas/brake, moving around, etc. They replaced the seat. The dash had a piece of trim start rattling driving on crappy Cola roads after the first few weeks. Just limit your expectations on them. They aren’t luxury autos, but I’ll take them along with any Toyota these days.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

My son was interested in buying a Subaru and we went to Charleston auto sales and they had some decent cars in the 13-15 grand range. However most had very high mileage (100,000 or more)and for 4 grand more we could get a new one so that is what we did.

quote:
This isn't Australia. You don't need a Subaru. I don't care what anyone says about these cars, they suck big giant hairy donkey balls. They are eco-friendly, so they are built with crap that just fades away. Everything feels cheap. My wife bought a brand new Outback right before our daughter was born. It was under powered, uncomfortable, and just a big pile of garbage. I know they have a cult following, but so does Hillary and Bernie. Those are the same morons that drive Subaru. The service department at Crews was the worst too.

Thanks but my question was about Charleston Auto sales. We have done our share of research and spoken to a good friend who has been a mechanic for 45 years. I’ll take his word over yours, no offense. It won’t be getting serviced in Charleston and, we won’t buy anything with high miles. Thanks to those that provided helpful input

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

what happened to his S-10? hope you good DF

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by Half-hitched

Don't hold anything back here... Let it flow...
Haha I feel like that until I have my first drink :smiley:

Good guy. I have dealt with him numerous times. Always did what he said he was going to do. Never bought a car from him but had other business dealings with him.

quote:
what happened to his S-10? hope you good DF

Still have it. His younger brother (16) needs a car and would only be driving it around town. Connor hopes to be going off to grad school and needs something a tad newer. We’re doing just fine Pea, hope you are as well.

grad school. wow.

I didn’t know yall had another son

Both my boys got their brains from their mother thank goodness. Come to the oyster roast next year, you can see both of them.