Charleston, SC

This Topic is to connect Anglers living in Charleston, SC in search of fishing companions. Simply post a reply to this forum answering the questions below.

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME?

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

3. WHAT DO YOU DO?

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN?

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10):

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING?

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS?

8. OTHER HOBBIES & INFORMATION?

Michael Rives

I am 26 years old, male, searching for a fishing buddy with a boat looking to target inshore species and beyond. Moved to Charleston about a year and a half ago from Murrells Inlet, SC for work. Been fishing for a long time. Saving up for a nice flats boat, but unfortunately, not quite there, but willing to help pay for gas, bait, and maybe some beers (if that interests you).

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Michael

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Charleston, SC

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? Software Consultant

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? No Boat, looking for someone who does who wants to slay some redfish, flounder, and trout.

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): 7. I put 7 because there’s always room for improvement. No off-shore experience.

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? 3 times a week, sometimes more. Usually fishing every weekend and after work on the weekdays (weather permitting). Mostly fishing from shore around structure (docks, bridges, etc.), surf fishing, or I’ll grab a rod and a backpack searching for new spots around Charleston.

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? No Boat, unfortunately, but always happy to go grab a bite to eat or some beers to break the ice, before someone wants to take me out fishing. Want to learn all I can about the area (boating wise) so when I get a boat I am not going to destroy it.

8. OTHER HOBBIES? Wood Working, Watching Football, always willing to try something once.

Other Information: I am an outgoing, respectful, and laid back guy, just looking to get out on the water and learn the waterways and fishing spots a little better. Got all my own gear. Let’s go FISHING!

Michael Rives

I would be open to take people fishing with me
Moved here 3 years ago and would like to figure out the inshore game
Been fishing primarily nearshore and offshore with pretty good success
Boat is at Shem creek
Name is Matt
Try to get out twice a week

1. Mark Guillory

2. Split time between Augusta and Mt. Pleasant. In town most weekends

3. Bar/Restaurant Owner

4. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): Probably around a 6-7

5. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? Most Weekends

6. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? No boat right now. In the market, but would love to go out with other members.

7. OTHER HOBBIES & INFORMATION? Golf, Watching Football and Soccer

1. WHAT’S YOUR NAME? Justin

2. APPROXIMATELY WHERE DO YOU LIVE? James Island near Chick filet

3. WHAT DO YOU DO? Pet Products

4. WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY PUT IN? Folly River and Ellis Creek

5. FISHING SKILL LEVEL (1-10): 7

6. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET OUT FISHING? once a week but would like to go more

7. WOULD YOU CONSIDER OPENING YOUR BOAT TO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS? Yes, I have a 16 ft aluminum jon boat with a newer 25 hp yamaha.

8. OTHER HOBBIES & INFORMATION? Want to try and fish new areas! would like to get clams oysters and shrimp. I have Crab Traps, Casting net,and Mud minnow traps. Lets fish!