Charleston w/out my boat.

Hello Guys - Thanks in advance for your help.

I am based out of Charlotte and OIB, NC and come down to Charleston every 2 months to fish and contribute to your local food and bev economy (mostly bev)… :slight_smile: This weekend however, I wont have my boat as we’re researching wedding venues but I would still like to wet a line. Can anyone recommend a nice place to fish by foot, preferably Mt. Pleasant or Daniel Island.

Thanks in advance guys.

Charlotte, NC
Ocean Isle Beach, NC

Scout 172 Sportfish

Pitt St. Bridge in the Old Village of Mt. Pleasant and the Mt. Pleasant Fishing Pier at Waterfront Park are both good options

'94 Cobia Caribbean 174 sf
'94 Yamaha 75

One of the nicer places to fish in Mt. P is the new boardwalk over at Shem Creek. Take something flashy and tip it with squid or cut mullet, and cast it as close to the weedline as possible (on the end of the boardwalk). Bluefish are frequently swarming around there. I’ve also seen some beefy sharks (6-8’) swimming the surface there.

Pitt Street is also a good place, just know that low tide makes for extremely shallow water there.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

There’s a park behind Fort Moultrie on Sullivans Island that has a public dock. I’ve caught trout there before.