Check them out before you hire

This is monarch roofing. Supposedly a premier roofing company in Myrtle Beach. Gutters are probably all hosed up from pushing shingles over to edge. Throwing plywood and such off the roof is a good way to cut a sprinkler line and monk up the grass.
[IMG_20220517_114739399_HDR|375x500]

(upload://sPQbIHFGr3CEGu8RcrEJmpIyaE8.jpeg)

Imagine if you live there and you tried to come out your door.

This is what my job looks like.

Anything other than some paper and shingle wrappers is unacceptable to hit the ground

Finding good people today is a crap shoot. I hired a plumber that a very good friend of mine raved about. I could have done the job myself but, because it was an upstairs bathroom, I wanted someone that was licensed/bonded/insured to do it in case there was a leak. It was a simple job, replace the old tub faucet with a new shower faucet and put in a new shower drain. Of the 5 connection points on the shower faucet, 4 leaked. It took him 3 trips to “fix” it and in the end, I ended up fixing the last leak myself. This was an older man, not some young slacker. Not once did he apologize for the inconvenience of me having to miss work so he could fix his mistakes.

I’m not sure what has happened to pride in workmanship.

1 Like

We usually have to hire about 10 people to have 1 keeper.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/article/mike-rowe-skilled-trades/

Did you see where the GSA pulled Rowe’s permit for doing a show on woman owned boilermaker business? Why’d they do that? War on women? He should of got a permit to film abortion clinic workers killing new borns with harp seal clubs. Is it true the archbishop told vodka sucking Pelosi and Plugs that they can’t receive communion anymore since they condone baby murder? In a drunken rage maybe Pelosi will beat cocaine Mitch with a harp seal club for hiding her teeth :rofl:

I’ve had a help wanted add out for around three weeks. Four replies.

None qualified…

It must be really tough to own a service related business (or any business) and have to hunt to find someone that wants to work and will actually do a good job.