Check this striper from West Point Lake...

Enjoyed a great two days of fishing and hospitality with Joey Mines (Outdoors with Joey Mines TV Show) Monday & Tuesday. He is the consummate angler…and knows all that “guide stuff” too! Met his wife, his son Will and Will’s wife and daughter and they are some of the nicest folks you’ll ever want to meet with a beautiful home in La Grange, GA.

I was there with two Harry Hampton Memorial Wildlife Fund board members, Larry Cook and “Big Frank” Sistare of Spartanburg SC. What a trip! We caught over 150 crappie in a day and a half. The real highlight, however, was Larry’s 15 lb. plus striped bass that bit a #6 crappie hook rigged to 6# test on a 9’ Shakespeare Crappie Hunter rod! Larry did a great job with the light tackle and after numerous runs, Joey expertly netted the big striper.

Joey and Will are exhibiting at the 30th Annual Palmetto Sportmen’s Classic (www.psclassic.com) in Columbia SC March 28-30, so don’t miss it. Will is building some great cypress ice chests and he’ll be selling them at the Classic. These things are really cool and he plans to build some using various exotic woods in addition to cypress. They’re finished with nice hardware, including a brass spigot drain and an opener for your favorite bottled beverage. Come by Joey’s booth and say hi…and if you want a real treat, book a fishing trip…you won’t regret it!

Good stuff and good fish Jim! I’ve often enjoyed Joey’s show. Indeed, he seems to be a very personable guy who knows his fish. I’ll try to make it by his booth and Will’s. Might be fishing the tournament that weekend:smiley:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

James is there another tx that month on murray that weekend?. MSC on the 15th and sbcc is on the 22nd. Think they moved the classic back a weekend this yr.

“All fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then they’re lying”

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

The Classic was moved to the last weekend in the month, March 28-30. The State Fairgrounds would not let us have our regular weekend because the gun and home shows would not agree to move their show dates.

The SBCC will not have its Tx that weekend…

I will be fishing the DNR high school state bass tournament that weekend and weighing in at the sportsmans classic

sundance 1900

I stand corrected. Guess I’ll be going as a casual show walker. We fished the SBCC on Murray last year, but I now remember that it was not a part of the Classic like in previous years. We have not discussed as a team whether or not to fish it this year.

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

That’s a “Gulf Coast strain” Striped Bass, a little different from what is stocked here in Lake Murray…Did Joey tell you anything about the stocking of West Point? I have a couple of buddies with houses down there on the lake…I fished it several times when I was in the North Georgia Striper Club.

Team Shad Up & Fish

If you’ve had fun catching fish on the transom bait, you are welcome…

I’ve spent about 85% of my life’s wages on fishing, the rest I just wasted…