Chevy truck 4wd issues

I just bought a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 with z71. The 4wd lights seem to be flashing off at times - the 2wd drive light goes off completely. It goes into and out of 4wd low no problem but I’m not sure if it’s going back into 2wd from 4wd high. Does anybody know a good repair shop that works on a lot of 4wd trucks ??? Thanks

17’ Mako

Yes. Not sure where you are. Charleston auto works, off Clemens ferry near 41. Anthony and Cory. They fix all the wando heybo’s

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Yes. Not sure where you are. Charleston auto works, off Clemens ferry near 41. Anthony and Cory. They fix all the wando heybo’s

what's a heybo?

Carolina Squat bo

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Carolina Squat bo

that only lowers the the vehicle in the ass end, so these redneck light bars will blind the piss out of the next vehicle coming towards them.

Still uncertain what a heybo is?

Don’t forget to put an orange cone in the back of the truck.

Key West 2300 Bluewater

quote:
Originally posted by Reel Tight

Don’t forget to put an orange cone in the back of the truck.

Key West 2300 Bluewater

still scratching my head with that one, what's the purpose ?

The “Carolina squat” is the dumbest thing I have seen in a while. The idiots that get this “lift” don’t realize it kills rear bumper clearance while off road. But then again people these days think it’s cool to have a “Carolina squat”, wear camo, and blast rap music with their Justin Bieber haircuts. Very confused kids these days. The concept was started in California for dune riders to have more front clearance when they hit sand dunes running wide open.

quote:
Originally posted by Screamingdrag

I just bought a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 with z71. The 4wd lights seem to be flashing off at times - the 2wd drive light goes off completely. It goes into and out of 4wd low no problem but I’m not sure if it’s going back into 2wd from 4wd high. Does anybody know a good repair shop that works on a lot of 4wd trucks ??? Thanks

17’ Mako

While these knuckle heads talk about squats and cones, your issue is either the switch in the dash or the Control module on top of the transfer case could also be bad. I would check the switch/buttons in the dash first, if its not the issue return it. I had the module on the t-case replaced on my 2003 at 30k miles under warranty and the switch in the dash at 60k which I did. I can 100% guarantee its one of those 2 problems.

Poly Ball that Carolina squat allows the lights on the bar to shine in the tree’s to shine for coons and what ever else might be up there.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball n Still uncertain what a heybo is?

probably the opposite as your buddy with the 22". Wasn’t he into pressure washing or something?

I feel pretty confident you know. :wink:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

probably the opposite as your buddy with the 22". Wasn’t he into pressure washing or something?

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

He started with pressure washing,yes. Now he has a fleet of trucks and vans ,cleaning and painting in new construction . Very successful businessman.

I guess a haybo is a redneck of a different region??? Inform me please!

A major percent of those squatted trucks never see anything but the pavement so no need to worry about clearance.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

My module went bad on mine.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

I like a 100% guarantee

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

He started with pressure washing,yes. Now he has a fleet of trucks and vans ,cleaning and painting in new construction . Very successful businessman.

I guess a haybo is a redneck of a different region??? Inform me please!

So now it’s 100%, you are Bolbie. That was a long time ago:smiley: How’s it going? Did your buddy give up the 22" as he grew up? Glad he’s done good for himself.

Depending on how you are referencing the Redneck name. From my experience the “heybo’s” are just fun loving Southern People.

Edit :Did your Bolbie user name get banned? or you just get tired of it?

Yeah,same as Joeboo with a walk in cooler full of deer in June.Of course the neighbor didn’t care for it!

The proper name for that is the “Aynor Squat” There is even a truck/car lot there that adds the kits and sells them that way.

J Ford

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Yeah,same as Joeboo with a walk in cooler full of deer in June.Of course the neighbor didn’t care for it!

Have had cooler full in June. Legally from depreditation permits Did that bother you bo? :smiley:. Joe never got banded. Actually doing quit well. Had to call and ask what password was.

What did you do to get Bobbie banned ?

“Gun’s don’t kill people, it’s mostly the Bullets”